39. Hmh

aisha's pov

1 month later

I had finished another project and it was a holiday spree for me now. It was the starting of bhai's shaadi celebrations. Many didn't know about kabir and my decision but whoever did, they looked at me with accusing eyes. Like it was all my fault I wasn't ready for such a step. kabir respected my decision and that's all I wanted but my own family and this time even my friends looked at me like it was all my fault.

This was eating me alive. Their stares. Their talks. Their accusing eyes. I didn't know what to do.

We had just checked into a hotel in Greece and kabir hugged me tightly. My head rested on his shoulder and his hand at the back of my head. Tears threatened to spill out of my eyes as I furiously blinked to hold them back. But in the process, a few did spill out.

This was my breaking point. After so many days of stares, accusations and glares, I finally broke down. I howled as I clutched onto his arm for support. The only thing I said was how sorry I was and how everything actually was my fault.

My legs gave away and with tears I sunk to the floor as kabir's worried and guilty eyes followed me down and his hands held mine. He sat down and said nothing. He just hugged me. He pulled me closer to himself and I almost lost myself in his warmth.

After, what seemed like an hour or more, I stopped crying. My eyes puffy and nose red. My mascara streaming down and a frown set upon my forehead.
I was such a fucking mess.

"keeshu? Are you sure you want me to marry you? Look at me. I can be such a mess sometimes."
He wiped my almost dry tears from my cheeks and held my face in his hands and said to me, " I'm going to marry only you aisha Sharma. It can be whenever you're ready but I know it's you I'm going to marry. You can be the perfect person you are otherwise, I'll still love you and you can be a mess and I'll still love you. Okay?"

Man. This guy.

I smiled lightly as he lifted me and tucked me into bed and went into the washroom to freshen up. I felt my eyelids getting even more heavy as I fell into deep slumber.

.....

kabir's pov.

It hurt me to see her cry today. She didn't cry for anything but the respect that was suddenly stripped off her for no real reason. If anyone should be mad at her, it should be me.

But I wasn't. So why were others?
This logic was annoying the fuck out of me.
I needed to do something to make her feel better.

I left the room after checking on aisha. It was 12:30 pm and the first function was to start at five. She had time to sleep it off for a while. I knocked at the door in front of me and he opened the door.

"Hey kabir? Everything fine?" Aarav asked.

"Not really. You busy?"

"Nahi. Bol You ?"

"Papa is also coming. Just let him come"

We waited for about five minutes taking about his wedding functions until papa walked in and we sat down.

"Papa, aarav. I know you're a little disappointed with aisha but I want to know why. With all due respect; It isn't really your place to be mad."

"kabir, aisha never realises what she wants until it's taken far from her. She wants things only when they have left. We have seen break because of this one weakness. We don't want this again." Papa said.

"But papa, I'm here to stay. Mein kahi nahi jaa raha. You're daughter cried herself to sleep. She had one of the worst breakdowns I have ever seen. I don't want her to feel that what she did was a mistake. It's fine. Whenever she's ready, I'm ready."

"Are you sure kabir? She might take a while and you're mother really wishes to see you married now..." aarav reasoned.

"She also wants me to be happy. I'm the happiest with you're sister when she is happy. Mama loves aisha. She might take time but she'll come around. Don't worry. Just dont give her this treatment. Please."

.....

aisha's pov.

I opened my eyes when I felt a pair of cold lips trail kisses from my forehead to my cheek. I smiled at the realisation of it being kabir and pulled him on me from his neck. I hugged him and closed my eyes again.

"Ello" I chirped

" 'ello' ?"

"I'm sleepy shut up" I laughed

I heard him laugh and collapse on me. I hugged for a while and later pushed him off me.

"You're heavy. Get off meeee"

I got up to use the washroom only to be pulled back on the bed onto kabir's lap as he wrapped his hands around my waist.

"kabir challo time ho gaya."

"Nahi"

"Arey? Bhai ki shaadi hai. Unki haldi hai. Uth jao. I'll call khushi and Ranveer too."

"Ruk ja na. Just... stay."

I rested back upon him and held his hands over my waist. I felt his lips trail from my neck to my collar bone. I turned around and slowly kissed him. He kissed me back slowly, savouring the moment. His hands travelled under my shirt and moved in circles. Slowly, he lifted my T-shirt off me and soon we both got pre- occupied.

....

I dipped into my clothes as kabir entered the washroom to freshen up. I hoped that today, at least today, everyone would be fine with me. Bhai ki haldi thee. It was 11:30 am and the ceremony was to start around 12. We were running late, as usual.

I knocked on the washrooms door and yelled to say that I was leaving and kabir could straight reach the venue since I had to help set up a few things.

.....

I kept the last tray of haldi down and huffed. My hands rested on my waist and and a pair of hands hugged from the back.

"I'm sorry aish"

"Kyu bhai?" I turned around confused.

"I wasn't there to support you when you needed it. Not this time. I'm sorry."

I smiled lightly and looked down. Evidently a little hurt.

"Koi na bhai"

"kabir told us, how you felt and how we hurt you. He just wanted us to respect your decision. We realise what we did was wrong."
He tucked my strands of hair behind my ear and held my cheeks in his hand.

I smiled at him and kissed his cheek and hugged him.

"Koi na. I'm anyways thinking, ki kabir ko boldoon"
I said hesitantly

"Kya bolna hai?"

"Ki uss se better nahi milega. He's caring, he loves me, he's everything I want!" 
I added to annoy him " and the sex is..."

"I really don't want to know Aisha Sharma" he cut my words, already annoyed. I laughed at him as my words sunk in his thick skull.

"So wait! You're saying yes to him?" I rolled my eyes at him.

"Hmh. Just after your wedding!"