40. Can't wait

aisha's pov

Time passed quickly with all the celebrations and rasams. Bhai and Aneesha got married yesterday. It was a beautiful ceremony. They had a night wedding. Dimly lit with diyas and the pathway, strewn with rose petals. A beautiful lahenga and pretty jewellery and simple Aneesha lit up the whole Hall when she walked down.

It was surreal to see my deserving brother this happy. My heart swelled with happiness and I wondered how dad must feel without mom at such a time. I stood next to him at all times, smiling at him, reassuring him and making sure he was alright. I knew his heart ached a little even after such long years passed away, but he put up a brave front being both, our father and our mother. He never remarried. Not because of us, but actually because he never got anyone who he thought was deserving enough to replace our mother. His beautiful wife.

I don't think he'll ever find someone fitting his criteria.
I know he realises that too. He doesn't seem to mind it though.

....

kabir's pov.

aisha and I had planned to stay an extra 2 days just to chill out, relax. We needed a break from things around and the fact that I will have to travel for cricket in 10 days, we needed some time alone.

It certainly would be difficult to stay without aisha since I had been with her too much these days. I was used to waking up to her, used to her red nose when she constantly sneezed to due to a little chill in the air, used to her constant "I am hungry" mood. Just...used to her.

aisha told me that she wanted to visit this garden nearby in the evening. I had agreed to meet her there. She told me she would reach there directly from the airport after dropping everyone there. I wasn't planning on going to the airport since I wanted to use the gym for a while today.

I had just gotten ready in my casuals when I received a text from aish;

"Meet me there in formals. Following evening dress codes. It's stupid. I know. But the place is gorgeous so it doesn't matter. Sending you the location. Also, I really feel like kissing you so get your lips here soon"

I smiled at her message and laughed a little and the next second, I cried a little.

Change karna padega? Nahi karnaaaa.
I changed nevertheless.
Sorry but my girlfriend can be scary, I could be dead.

...

aisha's pov.

Slipping into a mustard wrap around dress with thin gold necklaces just for a little sparkle, I tied my hair into a rough bun and fit into heels. I was in the washroom in the garden building. The whole garden was booked out for kabir and I. It cost me, but nothing I couldn't do to make our day special.

The garden was dimly decorated with candles. It was beautiful without any decorations otherwise. Just a wooden table, two chairs, wine and food. And Of course, the ring I took back from kabir's mother for today. I just told her that kabir asked me to get it from her and she silently obliged, trying her best to hide her disappointment of me saying no for.. my sake. Probably kabir's sake but I could wonder.

Now I just waited for kabir to come.

...

After about 10 minutes I heard kabir's formal shoes click and see the small torch light of his phone give him light, enough for him to lead his way towards the main area. His eyes landed on mine and I smiled brightly. I waved like a schoolgirl who saw her crush and my bright one, waved back.

"Hi cutie" I chirped

"Hi hottie!" He chirped.

I grabbed him by his tie and pulled him to myself. I lightly pecked his lips and let go.