35. Yet

Kabir's pov.

It had been a month already to that day when Aish and I reconciled. Time just flew by. Having a little break after the world cup, I could spend immense amount of time with her and my family. So tomorrow, I was leaving for Delhi to be with them.

The thing was, it was almost 2 years to Aish and my relationship but she had never officially met my family. But I had met hers numerous times. I just wanted my family to embrace her well too. I just didn't know how to ask her if she wanted to come along.

She was in the washroom and I was scrolling through Netflix and Prime. She came out, sat by me and took the packet of biscuits to munch on them meanwhile. I looked at her and said," Aish, um you know I'm going to meet maa, bhaiya and Bhabhi na, kal?"

"Yeah...?"

"And you also have a free week this week"

"Yeah....?"

"So I mean. Do you.. do you maybe want to come meet everyone?"

"I THOUGHT YOU WILL NEVER ASK. And I didn't want to seem too nosy or clingy so I didn't ask. IM SOO EXCITED" she jumped out of the bed and ran to fetch the laptop. She was booking her ticket.

Now.
Now she will also know the nervousness to meet someone's parents.
She was laughing at me when I met her dad.
Hmmm. We'll see who laughs now.
*evil laugh*

.......

Aisha's pov.

We were sitting in the plane, waiting for it to take off. It was a short flight but it felt even more short because I was a nervous wreck. Even though I tried not to show it, I knew Kabir knew since he smirked at me throughout.

Idiot.

I glared at him and he just pecked my lips. I glared again because we were in public. And he smirked and pecked my lips again. I smiled lightly as I turned to the other side.

"Don't worry Aisha. They will love you. Just be who you are. We are too similar and I swear my family doesn't hate me."

I smiled at Keeshu even though the nerves didn't seem to leave me alone.

.......

Ting tong. Ting tong.

Maa opened the door and since it was a surprise, she was totally taken aback. She clinged to kabir and like any other emotional Indian mummy, cried a little.

She looked at me through her glassy eyes and suddenly a wide smile spread on her face. She immediately left Kabir and came to me.

kabir seemed a little jealous.
Well, I am very adorable tbh.

I hugged his mother and said, " aap kaise ho maa?"

She looked at me suddenly with a teasing look and wide eyed.
"I mean.....I can call you maa na?"

"Of course you can." And she hugged me again.

We went into the living room and kabir asked, " bhaiya bhabhi kahan hai maa?"

"Hospital beta. Teri bhabhi ka checkup tha aaj. They should be back soon"

Jeeya Bhabhi has just recently given birth to a pretty girl, Navya and Parth bhaiya had been taking immense care of both of them. They both were too cute together.

We just sat talking and catching up with each other and I felt so at ease with maa. She was witty and funny. I wonder what happened to kabir...😂

A little while later jeeya bhabhi and Parth bhaiya Walked in. Bhabhi still had her pregnancy hormones on the fleek. She cried when she met the two of us and I saw the bond keeshu and jeeya bhabhi held. It was a caring and a loving one. The best friend bond.