50. Finally.

Aisha's pov

It was already 6 pm when Kabir and I were dragged away from each other and put in our respective rooms. I couldn't even say bye to my husband who I suddenly missed too much and was pouting throughout.

But I had a rush of happiness at the same time too. I was way too happy now. All the nervousness and tensions flew away long back and I was left with a lot of excitement.

I decided that it would be best if I went to sleep for a while after I packed my suit case since Kabir and I would shift to the honeymoon suit soon after the wedding. I changed out of my beautiful dress, carefully packed it and wore my night suit before I slipped into sleep.

.....

After an hour of dozing off, I was ,may I add, very rudely woken up by Khushi who pushed me down the bed because apparently, 'I refused to get up'.

Such lies.

I got up with a scowl on my face and headed to the washroom to was my face. When I came out, all the girls were suddenly there and each one of them grabbed me with excitement and screamed about how they couldn't wait to see me in my lahenga.

Same man.
Same.

I smiled at them and they all passed mischievous grind to each other and I suddenly knew I was going to have a tough time getting ready.

Urgh.

I sat down as the makeup artists started their work on my face and the photographer snapped our memories. When they left in about 45 minutes, I turned to my friends with a wide grin and soon that melted away when they all started to annoy me.

"Someone looks so impatient to meet her husband!" Siya teased.

"Is this excitement about the wedding or the night that follows it?" Ritu laughed and highfived alia.

"Both!" I laughed and they joined in.

"As if Kabir would wait! We are so sure of what happened behind the door every time you guys were together during all the ceremonies!" Aneesha teased as she unzipped the packet to bring my lahenga out.

I immediately flushed and fumbled, " no actually, Umm, we haven't.. for almost ... a month and a half." I said in a small voice.

They all stared at me for the longest time ever and broke into laughter soon after. I blushed again and picked my lahnega and tried to slip into the washroom as I heard alia say, " now we know ki itni excitement exactly kyu hai!"

"You wait! Your wedding is going to come soon. I won't spare you then!" I taunted.

"We'll see then!" Alia stuck her tongue out at me  and I laughed and went to get dressed.

...

I put on the blouse and and slipped into the skirt and  went out. I turned in front of Khushi and she tied the dori of my blouse. I sat in front of the mirror as Aneesha gave me each piece of my jewellery one by one.

I wore my golden and red bangles and the huge gold ring on my perfectly manicured beige painted nails. I placed my mang Tika as ritu helped me fix it on my hair which was pulled into a sleek bun. I placed my tiny red bindi on my forehead and wore my green and golden earrings. I fit the nath onto my nose as ritu helped me wear my golden and green necklace. 
I got up to wear my heels and pin the chunni in place. I tucked one end into the skirt and used a safety pin to hold it in place.  I Draped it over my chest and then over my head and Khushi helped me pin the chunni to my blouse.

I was finally all dolled up and stood in front of my friends smiling lightly, waiting for their approval. They all looked at my softly and muttered about how beautiful I looked and I smiled in return but searched for validation from Khushi , she mattered the most.
She had her eyes pooled with tears as she hugged me and I hugged her back.