Epilogue 3

kabirs pov

"So you are telling me that you have to go?" Aisha asked me with her eyes already a little teary. Her head was on my chest as we both were lying down own our bed, Whiling away time.

"I'll be back by the time the delivery dates closer Ofcourse! I just have to go now. It's November right now." I tried to justify.

"Where are the 3 matches taking place?"

"India mein hee. So if anything happens, god forbid, I should be back to you in a matter of hours okay?"

"Okay. But.... I'll just miss you!"

"I'll miss my babies. I don't know about you!" I joked as I kissed her forehead.

"Asshole" she muttered before closing her eyes and falling asleep.

It was just a matter of 10 days kabir.You can do this.

.....

"Baby! It's okay. I'll call Aneesha. She'll get you chocolate cake." I looked at Aisha through FaceTime and smiled.

"But I want the specific one. I don't remember where I bought that one from though! I'll find out. Don't worry." She said, a little too determined.

"Okay then." I smiled.

"Where's everyone else?"

"Playing pool. I wonder why, none of them really know how to."

"Take me there! I want to see them"

I carried the phone to the boys. I was anyways doing that when Ayush graciously snatched the phone away from me.

"Hi Aish !" They all screamed

"Helloo" she laughed.

I missed her.

"How are the babies?" Aryan asked.

"Fine. Giving me trouble that's it." She rolled her eyes. "I just can't wait for these matches to be over!"

"Why?" Vikas smirked.

"Obviously so that keeshu returns home!" She said.

"Awwwww!" A round of exclamations went around.

"Seriously guys grow up!" I laughed as I saw Aisha red from all the embarrassment.

"How and why do you still blush after so long Mrs. Aisha Sharma Ahuja?" I laughed into the phone.

"Well......SHUTUP" she laughed embarrassed, finding no comeback.

.......

It was our third and final match against australia and we needed this to win the series. It was an ODI so I already called Aisha and spoke to her in the morning itself.

I checked in with the doctors too for basic stuff and now I was in the stadium, progressing for the toss.

.....

After a good game, as we finally won and as we set off to celebrate, I retrieved my phone to call nushkie.

I was in some trouble.
100+ texts and 22 missed calls.

She was in labour 6 hours ago.
And is I wasnt there.

......

Aisha's pov.

I was holding Ananya in my hands and bhai was holding Kartik . I was tearing up out of happiness as held them both.

They were so fragile, so beautiful.
I just hoped Kabir was here when I went into labour.

It wasn't his fault. The delivery date was a month later and I had no complications at all.

The babies were just eager to come out!

It was almost 2 in the night on 25th November as we cooed Ananya and Kartik asleep. Everyone was here yesterday when they born around 4 pm.

Everyone except their father.
Oh I miss him.

The door opened. And a very sleep- deprived Kabir rushed in.

"Oh I thought you'll be asleep!" He whispered as he caught his breath. His eyes were fixated on the two angels bhai and I held but he came to me and lightly pecked my lips and washed his hands before holding Ananya, who was still awake.

"Oh!" He awed and I could see a tear drop glide down his cheeks. "Isn't she gorgeous aishu?" He kissed her forehead. Ananya relaxed into his touch and kept her head in his chest before her eyelids started to close.

"She's so precious!" I smiled as I held Kabir's arm.

Kabir was looking at aarav holding a sleeping Kartik in his arms. His eyes pooled with tears as he whispered, " I am so sorry I wasn't here."

"No. No. Don't do that to yourself! You were there all the time with me. It's okay. You saw them now"

"But I wasn't the first to hold them or, put them to sleep or kiss their forehead. You know?" His voice cracked.

"But you're here to do all that now right? That's all it matters." Aarav bhai whispered and smiled at us.

......

5 years later.

I was walking into the house, dead tired, around 6 in the morning. Coming home 1 and a half months later , I was most excited to lay my eyes on my children.

They were the best even at the tender age of 5. Kartik wanted to be a zookeeper when he grew up and Ananya , A dinosaur in the zoo.

They made me laugh with their antics. I always tried to speak to them on FaceTime but it wasn't the same as holding them, reading them to sleep, tying their laces, scolding them when they had too much chocolate.

On FaceTime, I couldn't be angry with them. I would always try to be a good father but they started taking me for granted too. I felt as if my contribution to them wasn't enough always. Aisha's schedule was hectic too but she always made time for them.

She never cribbed about me not being around enough, she knew. she never blamed me. But did I?

My retirement papers from international matches were in the file I held when I walked inside my house. I was 38 but I was ready to be with my family. I could always do something else in the sphere of cricket.

I always have choices, I just make weird decisions!
I'm making one now and I know I'll get all the support I need.

"Papaaaaa!" I was pushed over as both the little monkeys got on top of me in the living area.

I laughed at them as I held both of them close to my chest.

"Ananya! The right pocket has something for you and Kartik , left for you, sir!" I smiled.

They both pulled out chocolates and screamed with joy.

"Maa, Papa got us chocolates!" Kartik scream and Ananya ran to open hers in the kitchen when the most beautiful woman in the world smiled at me.

"You, Mr Kabir Ahuja, are spoiling our children!" She wrapped her arms around my neck and I smiled at her.

"I really missed spoiling them."

"What about me?" She laughed and cribbed.

"Well the back pockets have something for you!" I laughed back.

She smiled at me and pulled out two chocolates and laughed at me.

"Chocolates!" She was so happy.

"Why are you still a baby?" I smiled as I put my lips on hers.

"Kartik! Red alert. We got to goooooo." Ananya screamed as she looked at us causing us both to laugh as we pulled away.