22. Too confusing.

Kabir's pov

Aisha and I had changed into our casuals soon after the haldi ceremony. We were going sightseeing! I mean, if you are in Rome, you must haina?

Since we were in a foreign country with not much of the Indian population, it would be easy for Aisha and I to be a normal couple here. We enjoyed that. We missed that....

"Aishaaaa? Chalein? The receptionist called, the car we hired for today is here"

"Coming keeshu!"

Aisha came out of the washroom wearing her ripped denim shorts and a white plain T-shirt. I was checking her out when she said, "Eyes up here,pervert"

I smiled sheepishly as we left.

We sat in our car and installed the google maps. Google nahi hota toh humara kya hota?

"Where are we going first?"

"I was thinking Colosseum? Its one of the favourites of Rome."

"Okay, I guess"

She looked bored and so I said,
"You don't like history do you?"

"I mean, it's all in the past. People died and we have to study about them. As a kid I hated history. Dates, events and timelines, for what? A bunch of old weirdos who couldn't keep their lives to themselves?"

"Damn. So much hate? History was one of my favourites. It's interesting."

"Ew. Remind me why I am dating you?"

"Because you can't seem to resist my hot body"I joked.

"Ha ha ha...try again!"sarcasm laced in her voice.

" because you love meeeee" I joked. Should have thought through that maybe....

She looked at me with an emotion which took me time to figure out. Was it hurt or was it guilt? I hope it was the first one. I mean I don't want Aisha to feel guilty about loving me. Just when I am so close to falling in love with her.

I feel as if if I don't fall in love with her soon enough, she would fall out of love. Then I don't even want to rush things up for the sake of holding on to her with feelings that aren't genuine. It wouldn't be fair to her. It would be equal to cheating on her. Probably worse.

I cleared my throat and broke the silence, " so colosseum and then anywhere you want!"

"Okay Keeshu"

"Keeshu?" i raised my eyebrows.

"It's cute. I can't seem to find a nick name for kabir yaaa" she cribbed.

"Do you know the feeling where people stare at you thinking you are drunk because you say bullshit all the time even when you are completely sober?"

"OMG YES. I can relate!"

"No I meant to say, people look at you like that all the fucking time."

She flung her sling bag at me and told me to shut up as I continued laughing.

...... 

We were sitting on the car's bonnet and eating melted chocolate. The line for the colosseum was way too long and were really tired to wait in the queue. The car was parked near a stream and it was cool over there.

Aisha looked at me and said, "don't get mad at me or anything, but I have always wanted to ask you. Doesn't to cricket get too repetitive? Players, ball and a bat?"

"Waise toh acting can also get repetitive naa? Actors, camera and makeup?"

"No na! I mean we portray different characters in different movies. They become a part of us but they vary. So it isn't the same."

"Cricket for me is my passion. Like acting is yours. Even though there are the same players for a while or a bat and a ball, the experiences are different, the feelings are different. World cup ke liye alag, T20 ke liye alag or even for IPL. It's all different. The day I wake up and say that cricket is repetitive or boring, that is the day I will stop playing.Like...if you get up one day and think 'acting is boring', you wouldn't be able to act na?"

She shook her head and smiled a little showing she understood my point. I stared at her legs and she cleared her throat. I looked away wondering whether she caught me.

"You and I are so different."

"How so?"

"I am normal and you are a prevent"

"Shut up" I laughed.

...

We were playing 20 questions.

"How many kids do you want?" I asked, savouring the last chocolate piece.

"7"

I choked on my saliva. "What?"

She bursted our laughing and I relaxed. Jokes!

"You scared me. Four more and we would have planned a whole cricket team..."

Aisha laughed harder and said, " b..better f..for you naa? More sex" I smirked at that.

"Baby, did you just imagine your future with me?"

"Bitch you imagined a whole cricket team I would gave birth to, so you shut up" she blushed as she argued.

I laughed at her as I pulled her cheeks.

"Okay next question. My chance! Tell me about a recent prank you played on someone Kabir?"

"In the locker room, I made Aryan believe I was possessed. You should have seen his face! He kept reciting Hanuman Chalisa. Aryan fell down while I ran behind him and he said, " I CONDEMN YOU BACK TO HELL". He later said he heard it from conjuring and thought it might come in handy so he learnt it! He is pretty gullible some good times"

Aisha laughed loudly and almost fell off the
bonnet. When she stopped she had tears in her eyes and her cheeks were flushed.

"I am never letting Aryan off the hook for this now!"

"Don't!" I joked

....

I was driving aimlessly not wanting to go back whereas Aisha kept asking me to take her back to the hotel.

"I am tired of the hotel. I don't want to go back aishu"

" I promise you a make-out session"

"I am taking a u-turn. We will be in the room in about 15 minutes according to the maps"

Aisha giggled and slapped my hand away from hers. I smiled at her and then we both started laughing.

....

We were back in the room when aisha sighed loudly and jumped on the bed " I am soooo hungry"

"I'll order some food. What do you want to eat?"

"I am craving a burger with fries no wait! curly fries! and chocolate milkshake"

"Okay now that....made me really hungry too!"

I ordered the food and waited for Aisha to come out of the washroom. What is taking so long?

"Time to redeem your promise baby!" I said as she came out.

She smirked at me as she came and sat in front of me. I leaned in as she moved back. Teaser! I glared at her as she purses her lips to keep from laughing. I leaned in again and she moved back.

"Aishu"I whined. Her laughter floated in the room as I pouted.

She leaned this time and I smiled little waiting for her lips to fall on mine when the bell rang. aisha pushed me away and ran screaming, " KHAANA"

I hate this world. Fucking unfair.

Mummaa! My girlfriend doesn't love me!
"But you love her!" My conscious mocked me.......
".....Do I? Am I finally in love?"

I looked at Aisha picking her burger happily like a kid. She made me feel alive. Maybe I am in love with this woman in front of me. Or am I?

URGH too confusing!