31. Irrational.

Kabir's pov

I was trying to completely cleanse my mind of whatever relationship BS there was present. I was trying to hit the ball into a clear six every time it came towards me. And I didn't fail.

My anger seemed to bring out the best and worst in me. Worst, personally but best, professionally. I don't really know if that is a good or a bad way to put it.

It was 6pm and the Indian team was finally ready for the world cup this year. I came into my room in the pent house, totally tired and just hit he bed after a really quick shower, without a single text to any of Aisha's replies. This was probably a first in a long time.

....

It was the first match, India vs West Indies.
We sat in the room, anticipating, motivating and energised waiting for the team call.

I had won the toss and we chose to field first.

......

We had won the match easily. We knew this was our game since we had really practiced with West Indies before. We knew their weaknesses. Vikas and Aryan played extremely well and I didn't even have to step on the crease to bat. Our fielding was tight and I got two batsmen out.

Sheer luck I'm guessing.
The team was happy..... but I wasn't. I really wasn't.

My phone rang and displayed
"Aish"

"Hello?"

"Hey Keeshu!" She sounded vary.

"Hey"

"Congrats on the win!"

"Thanks......"

"......kabir don't be mad now na. I said I was sorry."

"And I said it's fine."

"It doesn't seem like it honestly."

"That isn't my fault."

"You didn't even reply to my texts."

"You sent texts? Sorry I didn't check"

"Of course you didn't. Call me when you want. I'll be waiting. Bye"

"Hmh"

Maybe I was over-reacting. But I didn't deserve to be treated like this, the most she could do is give me some space after this.

.......

Time was passing quickly. I hadn't really thought about the whole fiasco for a long time. I really wanted the title. We really wanted this. For us and for our country. We tried our hardest everyday and we needed to know if it was hard enough.

The series had been a total sweep for the team. Only one match lost. We were coming second on the points list. It felt great.

The only thing was, Aisha hadn't called as she said she wouldn't. She was waiting for me to call. After every win, I could picture her waiting for a call from me, but I never called. I should have. It wasn't that I was mad. I just genuinely didn't get time. I missed her.