44. Break.

Aisha's pov

With the saree draped, and jewellery set, I set out towards the garden. I could hear the click of my heels on the marble floor and my eyes stared at the venue before me. People were yet to come down and I was the first one to reach amongst everyone else, Ofcourse along with everyone present in my room and Karan and Aditi's team. 

I stared at my surroundings in awe and twirled to absorb the garden. It looked absolutely breathtaking.
There was a circular beige stage lit up with lights and stacked with flowers on the sides. There was a couch for Kabir and I,  and around the stage, there were round tables decked with cream coloured cloth and flowers in the centre for our guests.

It was amazing.
I looked at Kabir who had just entered looking fine in his dark blue suit. We smiled at each other and he silently held my hand. I looked at our hands and a beautiful smile adorned our faces.

"You look... absolutely breath taking like always"

" and you look hot. Like ..sometimes" I teased.

He laughed a bit and and kissed my forehead.

"Okay lovebirds. So sorry to break the party for you two but guests have started arriving. So both of you please take your seats." Aditi chirped. "And you both look absolutely fabulous together, may I add" Karan said.

We thanked him and took to the stage as everyone filled in the seats.

......

The ring ceremony was about to begin.

Finally. Jeez, they took hours to finally give us the attention we as the couple required.

Dad held Kabir's ring and maa, mine. Maa passed keeshu my ring and he took it in his hands. He ever so carefully held my hand and took a look at the promise ring, smiled and slipped in the other ring. He stared at my hand amidst the hitting and clapping and whistling and I could feel tears form in my eyes

AWW.

I took the ring from dad and Kabir held my hand reassuringly and smiled at me before I slipped the ring onto his finger.

He entwined our hands and stared at our hands before looking at me when a tear slipped from my eyes.

BETRAYERS.

I smiled with a really warm heart as he hugged me. I hugged him back and we stayed there for a bit. It was a beautiful feeling.

It felt surreal.
And in a while, normally, I would be back to normal but this feeling, it stayed with me. The rest of the time on stage, I stared at the ring on my finger and had a sheepish grin on my face, just pasted.

...

We sat on the round table in the centre and as cheesy as it sounds, we just didn't leave each other's hands. We settled as drinks were served and a Mike was passed down to the both of us.

Apparently we had to speak.
I'll probably just choke on my words.
Trust me I'm capable.

Kabir held the mike in his other 'non- preoccupied' hand and said, "
There are many times in life when I have been uncertain. Uncertain about school, uncertain about whether I would perform well in a particular match or not and so many more things. There are many times where I didn't know where life would take me or where I would live. Figuring things out can be tough. But I never had to think twice about Aisha. With her, everything is so much clearer and makes so much more sense. Aish, if there anything in this world that I am sure of, it is that I love you.

Doesn't Aisha look stunning today? I do not really need to go on about how beautiful Aisha looks tonight, though to be honest, I think she looks beautiful any day of the week and at any time of day whether it be morning, noon, or night. But what really counts is what you find on the inside. And the more I got to know her,the more I feel in love."

A round of applause and series of "awwwwws" blasted through and I just smiled at him and mouthed a "I love you too" to Kabir.

He passed the mike to me and I started, "The first day that Kabir and met, I will admit that I thought he was cute and that he was interesting. I wanted to get to know him better. But never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined what our future would hold. Every now and then I think to myself, how lucky I am that I got to meet and be with such a wonderful person.

What can I say about keeshu? You all know that he is smart, hardworking, and funny. And he is pretty handsome. But there is a lot more to him than meets the eye. He is romantic and has always been thoughtful from day one. And I don't even mean the gifts. Romance is also about the little things. Saying "I love you" every morning when you wake up and every night when you go to bed. He is also the most patient with me and nicest person I know. He has seen me through a lot of hard times and while he has seen me at my very best, he has also seen me at my worst.
He is fearless. And with him, I am fearless as well. I know that together, I am a better person. I love you virat. Thankyou for being you and asking me to be your wife.

Also, I'm really sorry for all the hearts I have broken by deciding to marry Kabir. But honestly, screw it. He's mine."

Well. Had to put it out there.
Everyone laughed at me as Kabir grimes and kissed my cheek.

"You're too cute baby"
Kay bro.

......
The next day

Today was a free day and so, virat and I had decided to sneak out. He told me that 11am, he would wait right outside the resort, in the car waiting for me.

I carried my room keys and in ninja mode, I skipped outside. As I was leaving the gates, jeeya Bhabhi called my name, "Aisha ? Where are you going?"

"Just...to the local market Bhabhi" I lied.

"Acha? Mujhe bhee le chall!"

"Arey Lekin bhabhi. Navya?"

"Parth is taking care of her. Chall na!"

She nudged me outside as Kabir brought the car near us and said, " sit na Aisha. Jaldi!"

"Arey But ...bhabhi?" I whispered.

"Arey she's helping us!"

I stared at bhabhi as she laughed away.
I shook my head at the unique piece in front of me.

...

We walked around the lake talking, laughing, thinking. We bought candy floss and let it melt on our tongues until we reached the local market and covered our faces with stoles and caps. We rummaged through oxidised jewellery and chunni's and bangles. I felt like a little girl again, Coming out to shop with mama. I bought so many things I wouldn't generally buy. It was sweet. We sat on a small boat as it swam the lake. I let the water trickle my fingers as I splashed a little on Kabir who seemed unaffected by the tiny drops on his clothes. He clicked my pictures and I posed in the worst ways I could. We ate a lot of street food after so long. Ultimately, we sat on a rock nearby and watched the sun set. We let our legs dangle in the air and feel the cool breeze through our hair. I leaned in to kiss Kabir's cheek as he suddenly moved his face towards mine, unaware. It felt like our first kiss again. Our breath mingled until virat lifted my chin and kissed my lips. I held his cheek in my hand and kissed him back. It was a perfect way to end our day.

...

We sneaked into my room and I wondered what bhabhi had told everyone. Kabir suddenly pushed my to the wall and kissed me harshly. I kissed him back with equal passion. He tried pulling the strings of my top but I broke away and said, " no no. We aren't ending up in the bed tonight."

"Whyyyy?" Kabir cribbed.

"Because.... shaadi hai. Wait for six days. After our wedding, I'm all yours!"

"This is so dumb. As if we haven't done this before." He reasoned.

"Arey? Wait for six days na! Tab tak, all you get is this.

And with that, I pulled him closer to kiss him again. I loved teasing him, for a change.