41. Married.

aisha's pov

I missed kabir a little too much. He had been on a cricket tour to West Indies for about a month now. He was returning tonight around 8:30.

I had asked Aditi to push my night shoot scheduled for tonight. I had ordered some material to cook kabir's favourite food, as well I could obviously. He had promised to come home and dine with me.

It was already 7:30 pm and I decided to start preparing dinner. I washed the vegetables and began cooking the chosen dishes. I had a smile on my face throughout.

...
I poured some wine into two glasses and waited for kabir to come. I just hope he wasn't too tired.

I was surfing through Instagram when the bell went off and I excitedly skipped towards the door. I opened the picture door to look at a very tired kabir.

"I missed you" I hugged him

"Me too" he whispered and hugged me back, lightly.

I smiled, held his hand and walked inside. He told me that he wanted to freshen up and change and left for our room.

My smile fell as he didn't even look at the arrangements I made but I told myself that he was tired and he will come out and appreciate it.

I waited and waited only to go inside and peek at kabir lying on the bed, fast asleep. I pulled the covers over him and shook my head.

I reheated the food and ate my share. I stored his share in the fridge and cleaned up the kitchen. I sipped the wine as I watched a movie. Around 12 am, not wanting to share the same room as kabir, I slept on the couch itself.

I wasn't mad at him, but just a little sad. I knew he would be tired though. It's fine I guess. I'll probably utilise this and annoy him tomorrow.

....

kabir's pov.

Since I slept early yesterday, I got up early too. It was just 6 am when I got up and didn't sense aisha next to me. Where did she go this early?

Oh shit.

I promised to have dinner with her yesterday. She must have waited so much. Im such a fool sometimes. In my tiredness, I forgot about our plans.

I hope she isn't too mad at me.

I tip toed outside to see her on the couch and her empty wine glass and plate on the table.

"I hate eating alone." She used to crib to me on call.
"kabir, everyone's busy these days. No one has time to even meet me. Bhai and Aneesha are still in honeymoon mode. Dad has joined some classes to keep himself busy. My friends have too many projects to even breathe and so do I, but I get lost sometimes. Even you aren't here to make me feel less lonely!"

"I'm always here aish. And the day I come back, you aren't going to be lonely." I had told her.

Well, I broke that promise me too.

I washed away a strand of hair from her face and kissed her forehead. Her eyes blinked open.

"I love you baby" I whispered

"Fuck off" I heard her whisper back.

"Arey?"

"Woke me up, didn't you?"

"I missed you so much!" I laughed and hugged her as she continued to try to sleep.

"I didn't. Now go."

"Are you mad at me for yesterday?"

....

aisha's pov