48. Such babies

Aisha's pov

"Let me get this straight. You and Aryan decided to share the room last night?" I asked Kabir and Aryan amongst everyone while we ate breakfast.

"Yeah!" Kabir replies saddened as Aryan laughed away.

"And...he woke you up around six..?"

"Yeahhh" he said impatiently.

"With pink pakka colour thrown at your face?"

"Yeah!" Aryan screamed with delight

"That's why you look like you got hit by 1000 strawberries?" Ranveer laughed.

"It's not funny. Aaj Shaam ko ceremony hai and the colour just doesn't leave my skin ya!" Kabir complained as we all Burst our laughing.

"I'm never sleeping in the same room with you!" Kabir threatened Aru who seemed to preoccupied laughing at his amazing prank and lifted his hand for a high five as he waited for Ritika to clap his hand.

She didn't.
Instead she glared at him and said, " Uski shaadi hai Aryan ! Any other time, this would have been funny, but Abhi nahi hai!"

"Nahi Ritu ! Hai!" Vikas laughed.

"Tu Chup kar! Or else I'll come into your room when you're asleep and shave off the moustache you're so proud of!" Kabir threatened and shikhar immediately shutup and covered his mustache with his long fingers.

"Baby!" I laughed at Kabir. " how did you ever manage during holi? Just take oil and mango powder. Apply it every hour, chale jayega colour!" I smiled.

"Yaaar Aryan ! Why are you like this?" Kabir whined

"Yaar Kabir! You're worse than me most other times! Remember on my wedding, you told me that ritu ran away. Pata hai mein kitna Khushu ho gaya tha? Then I saw here there only and my heart just sank!" He joked as ritu giggled and hit aryan's arm.

"Sure sure! Now you say this, you were dying then!" Kabir laughed.

"But, proved na. You're worse than me. And you irritated me so much during my wedding, I'm going to really annoy you now that I'm here!" Aryan said.

I just laughed at the duo as the bickered. I loved this side of Kabir . So carefree, a prankster. He was like this with me also, but with his team mates, he was a such a baby.

My baby.

A while later, everyone except Kabir and me, had to leave for last minute sangeet practice. Kabir and I got great time to spend one day before our wedding.

One day.
Wow.
One day.

....
We were walking around the garden, hand in hand, in comfortable silence knowing exactly what the other person was thinking.

One day and we would be married.

Will we be different in any way?
Or
Would we be the exact same way we are now?

I guess time will tell that but right now, we were just overwhelmed as we tightened our grip on each other's hands. I smiled at Kabir slightly who kissed my forehead lovingly and let his lips linger there for a second as he titled his head back and stared at me with soft eyes and a small smile.

"What are you looking at me like this for?" I asked him softly.

"Just wondering how I got you."

"I wonder the same." I said in trance

"How... I got....you?" He laughed

"No....I meant. How I got you" I laughed