42. New starts

aisha's pov

My heart clenched as I read the certificate again with eyes as wide as they could go. I tried to speak but no words came out of mine. I looked at alia and then at kabir and then again at alia.

Alia looked at me and said, " I. Know."

"Who the fuck did you marry?" khushi asked.

I kept the certificate on the table in between all of us and got up only to cry out in frustration.

kabir hurried to get a hold of the certificate and his eyes widened at the names. He looked at me with a blank face but eyes huge. He passed the certificate around and soon everyone looked at alia and me.

"YOU GOT MARRIED TO ALIA?" Ranveer screamed. "THEY MUST HAVE THOUGHT YOU BOTH WERE GAY!"

I looked at alia and looked for some kind of help. I looked at kabir and he looked at me as if he was trying his best not to break into laughter.

"Dare you laugh" I warned him. As soon as I did, kabir broke into laughter and so did sameer.

They both rolled down and clutched their stomachs.
"Broooooo. Our girlfriends are married to each other." They erupted into laughter and so did others this time.

sameer joked, " kabir. Soch. They have been cheating on each other with us. Oh my god!" And they erupted into laughter once again.

"Can you guys not laugh?" Alia butted in.

They looked at each other and laughed again.

"What is so funny?" I said.

"Baby. You have been married to alia ALL this while.
You, are cheating on her, with me." He said innocently as if trying not to break into laughter anymore.

I looked at everyone dying out of laughter and suddenly I looked at alia and broke into laughter myself. I was married. To alia. Oh. My. God.

.....

"Okay jokes apart but alia, baby I want a divorce." I joked.

"Honey you sure you want this?" She went along.

"Absolutely. We aren't working out anymore"

"Okay. If this is what you want."

I looked at her and started laughing.
"How much did we drink though? I don't remember shit. Arey waittt, you received pictures na?"

"Oh haan. Those are even more embarrassing. Wait."

"I can't wait to see them." Aarav bhai joked.
I made faces at him.

There were about ten pictures.
Alia and I were drunk dancing. khushi and Aneesha were laughing at us as we signed the wedding contract. Alia and I were posing outside the chapel in our drunk state. We all held pom-poms as we celebrated our 'wedding' and so many more embarrassing moments of our lives we didn't even remember.

"sameer. Let's get more copies of these. I NEED THESE." kabir laughed.

"Oh shut up!" I taunted kabir. "But we have to go back to Vegas to get a divorce. We can't afford media to know about this. We can't do this here."

"Obviously. We will be endlessly trolled about this. Let's just go there and get this done with."

"But it's so far away. Around 19 hours one way."

"You're wedding is in the near future. Karwana toh padhega hee"

"Obviously. I can't marry a girl who is already married. Sorry but that's against my values." kabir laughed as he high-fived sameer. He took a look at my face and slipped to the ground holding his stomach as he laughed away. This man. Uff.