33. Try

Aisha's pov

It had been more than a week. kabir still hadn't called and I didn't blame him.  He just needs time I guess.

We both were back in India, home sweet home. I had told aarav bhai what had happened. He looked disappointed in me. He was initially mad at kabir too but then when he heard what I did, that seemed trifle.

Bhai had helped me a whole lot. So did Khushi and alia but sameer and Ranveer both seemed a little distant. I know what I did was wrong, but when I need them the most, they take the high road. Fucking great.

......

I was back at my place. In bed, in pajamas, surrounded by empty pizza boxes and ice cream bowls. I was trying the filmy way to cope up with a breakup. All bullshit.

I heard the door bell go off and for some reason, I hoped it was him. My keeshu.
But it wasn't. It wasn't him. It was the other 'him'.
Vihaan.

"What are you doing here."

"Great way to apologise" he stepped in.

"Listen. I may have initiated. But you assumed too. So it isn't entirely my fault."

"Of course. I'm sorry i assumes you were not with kabir because I thought you weren't a cheat. Clearly wrong."

"...have you come here to mock at me? How I lost everything?"

"I came here to ask you. Ask you again. Be with me aisha. Please."

"Vihaan. I love you. But as a friend. I love kabir. But him, romantically. Try to understand."

"I do. I do." He seemed beaten down. My heart broke  a little more to look at him like that.

"Come in. Have lunch."
He stepped in and I didn't even know why I called him inside. What if kabir finally comes by and he's still here. Fuck. I started to Panic but then I calmed myself down. kabir trusts me. He said that. He will trust me then too. I needed to be alone right now.

"I need to use the washroom. Make yourself comfortable" I said to escape.

......

kabir's pov.

I wanted to text her. To hold her and tell her we were going to get through this. Together.

I wasn't going to leave her. Not now. Not when I knew she is the one I wanted to marry and spend my life with. I trusted her when she said this wouldn't happen again. I knew for a fact it wouldn't.

I don't know why I trusted her this much. But I just did. I don't know if it was practical of me to trust her but then, love isn't really practical anyways.

I picked my phone to text her. I didn't know if I had the heart to listen to her voice yet. I wrote,

"Hi aisha. I know I should have texted you before but I was just a little too taken aback by the turn of events. Let's not talk over text about this. I want to meet you aisha. Let's clear this out. I love you as much as you love me. Let's go through this together. If you feel the same way right now, meet me in Belvedere Cafe at 6 in the evening today. If you don't come, I'll know your answer. - keeshu."

I re-read the text multiple times before I sent the text and like a helpless person, stared into my phone until the message was marked,
"READ"

......

aisha's pov.

I walked back into the living room to see my phone in vihaan's hand. I quickly strolled towards him and snatched the phone away, not really sure what I was looking for.

I looked at him with anger evident in my eyes, " what were you doing just now? It's invasion of privacy vihaan. And you know my password, so I want to know what you did."

"Nothing aisha."

"You seriously want me to believe you?"

"After what you did with me.. yeah?"

"I didn't 'do' anything with you! it was a poorly made decision we both made. You knew I was in love with kabir but you didn't think clearly because you didn't want to. So stop." I yelled.

"You were in love with kabir?"

"That's all you got from what I said?" I was irritated now. I wanted him out. He was being the old vihaan I knew. The-wanting-everything-but-knowing-nothing, being-victimised-all-the-time-vihaan.

*Mental eye roll*

"Just...tell me what you did"

"Since you know so much about everything, go figure it out." Then he left.

What the fuck?

I double tapped the home button to see what was the last app opened- Whatsaap.

Virat's name? 
I tapped on the screen to open the app, eagerly waiting to open his text but when I did, it wasn't there. Did he actually text me now? Or was I thinking too hard?
Wait! Did vihaan just delete kabir's text?

kabir's pov

She had seen the text.
20 minutes ago.
Looked like She wasn't going to come.

I buried my face into my hands and sighed when I heard my phone go off.

aisha.

I cleared my throat and picked the call immediately.

"Hello?" My voice still throaty.

"Hey kabir?" I heard her say, softly yet hesitantly.

"So? What did you think?"

"About?"

"The ...text....?"

"kabir. Let me not lie to you. Vihaan was home just no-"

I cut the call.
Vihaan was at her place?
Did she not learn from her mistake?

Aisha calling
I picked it up. Just to tell though.
If she would allow me to that is.

"What the hell kabir! Can you just listen? He was at home trying to win me back but I wouldn't let that happen. I needed some space and so I went to the bathroom. Meanwhile you texted and he must have deleted your text. I saw him in my phone and joined the dots. I kicked him out. But you will never let me finish na!" She yelled.

She cut the call.
I was grinning listening to her.
Kinda sadistic but whatever. 
I missed her.

I didn't call her again. I just picked the car keys.