5. Amidst the Morning Dew

Kabir's house was beautiful but of course, manly. One could easily make out that there was no serious female influence on it by the interiors. He poured drinks into glasses and Aisha carried the tray outside to the living room.

     One drink lead to another and only in a matter of a few minutes, Sameer, Ranveer, Alia and Khushi passed out on the couch. Kabir looked at Aisha who in turn looked at him. They both looked awkward but slowly it turned into pure amusement and humour.

Aisha asked Kabir,"Can we go to the balcony? I really need fresh air!"

      Aisha and Kabir were not drunk, just a little tipsy. They stumbled into the balcony. Aisha giggled as she tripped and straightened herself. They carried cushions to sit on and a blanket to cover themselves.

They maintained respectable distance since they really didn't know each other well enough. To ease into things, Kabir and Aisha decided to tell each other a funny story about themselves.

        Aisha started,"when I was a kid naa......" The night grew more silent but it was kept company by their laughter. They both were extremely comfortable talking to each other by then.

They spoke about their career, their difficulties, their first crushes and both could feel the attraction growing for one another.

        The respectable distance kept getting less with every move of comfort. By the end of the their talks, when finally they started to feel drowsy due to the drinks and sleep deprivation, the sun began to rise.

Kabir continued to watch the sun in silence when he felt Aisha asleep with her head on his shoulder. He covered both of them with the blanket slowly and smiled affectionately.

He kept his head on hers and wrapped his arms around her, both of them snuggling into one others arms. Amidst the morning dew and fallen leaves, a relationship seemed to bloom.