8. The 73 Questions

Aisha was on her way to Khushi"s place in London for an important and exclusive Vogue interview. The '73 Questions' but with two female Bollywood stars now planning on dominating the fashion in Hollywood too, sounds fun!

The driver had just pulled into the society where Khushi owned a beautiful flat. She got out of the car thinking about one of the only things she had been thinking about for a few days now, Kabir Ahuja.

She rang the bell and waited for Khushi to open the door.

"Hey baby! Come in, come in. They just reached. It's going to be so much fun! Also stay here tonight na? You haven't had a night stay with your best friend for so long now" Khushi complained.

"Khushu, calm down! And of course I'll stay. I really need to talk about something." She smiled lightly.

Khushi sensed the urgency in Aisha's voice and smiled warmly at her and said that her personal psychologist was at her service!

....

"Hi Khushi, hi Aisha! This is the first time we are doing a double cast video for Vogue. How do you feel about that?" The interviewer questioned.

"Great actually. Khushi and I were just talking about how lucky we are to be the first ones to start the trend." Aisha mentioned.

Khushi added, " Yes of course. Totally an amazing opportunity and we are glad just plunged at it!"

" so what brings you to London?"

"We both had an important event where we were invited and then we stayed back for a short vacation with are friends from our industry" Khushi casually countered.

"Who are these friends though?" The interviewer was inquisitive to know.

"Sameer Kapoor, Alia singh and Ranveer Saxena!"

"Speaking of Ranveer, Aisha would you like to spill some tea about your best friend?" He joked.

"My lips are sealed!" Aisha replies with a playful smile playing on her lips.

"So how did you meet Aisha, Khushi?"

"We met at a movie shoot we both were working on and we became really close. I am really glad we did. We have known each other for almost 10 years now and it's a great feeling to constantly have another girl support you throughout."she smiled affectionately at Aisha who returned the favour.

"Where is home in India for the two of you?"

"Currently we both live in Mumbai but I am from Delhi whereas Khushi has always lived in Mumbai" Aisha answered.

The questions went on and Khushi and Aisha 
re-lived a lot of memories in just a 2 hour shoot. They spoke about their relationship, their industry, their personal lives to an extent and so much more.

They were thrilled and excited to be a part of Vogue international.

As the shoot got over, the two settled down with their lunch, in front of the television planning on binge watching 'Brooklyn Nine Nine' for the 50th time. They watched as Jake continued with his one liners and Amy, with her eye rolls. Khushi paused the show when she got up to clear the dishes and remembered that Aisha had to speak about something important.

"Aish, whatsup? You wanted to speak right?" Almost immediately Aisha replied as if she was waiting for Khushi to ask her the question.

"Khushi, there....is a guy. I think he is really cute and genuine and I think I ...like him..."

"Okay? So what's the problem" Khushi tried to show Aisha she was calm but within herself, she was jumping with joy seeing Aisha talk about a guy after her problematic breakup.

"The problem is that I don't want to be the only one in the relationship like I was with my ex. I don't want to make efforts to keep the relationship going. I just don't want to be hurt and I find out that he is cheating on me.
It's difficult to get over shit like that. I told myself that I would make myself worthy enough, but I have realised over a period of time that I was always worthy but he just didn't value me enough. I don't want to be in a toxic relationship like that and I am not sure if this guy is any different.
How do you know if a guy is different because I really don't think I would feel electric shocks when he touches me or butterflies would erupt in my stomach to let me know he is different. All of that is fictional. How do you know the truth?" Aisha poured her heart out in front of her posing psychologist.

"The truth is Aish, you don't. And that is exactly why you need to spend time before you get into a relationship. Try to understand his time, his ways of looking at things and mostly just, him.
Your last relationship was such a hurried one. You didn't even think through and you guys were already dating. But honestly, that's okay. You learnt from your mistakes and now you are a better self.
I won't say don't be insecure because that would be superficial, but don't even restrict yourself. I know your ideal guy would be who doesn't limit you but when you start thinking like this, maybe you limit yourself instead. You know what I mean Right? .....And moreover Kabir doesn't seem to be like what you doubt him to be as!" Khushi smiles cheekily at her best friend showing that she knew exactly who she was talking about.

Aisha blushed slightly and realised that maybe Khushi was right. Maybe it wasn't a guy who limited Aisha in a relationship but her valid insecurities did.
Even though her last relationship was a tricky one, her insecurities didn't even let her move on. She realised one thing, she had to let go of her restrictions for herself.

"So do I call him or wait for him to..."

Just then her personal phone rings with an unknown number flashing on it. She hesitated before picking the number as only a few important people had her personal number. She picked the call and heard a voice that brought a smile to her face.

Kabir freaking Ahuja just called her.

"Oh hey Kabir. Sorry, I just didn't expect you to call me!"

"Why wouldn't I though. I had fun that night. After really long, koi fake nahi laga. I mean including your friends" he covered up.

"That's a compliment. I shall take it. Anyways any reason you called?" She realised she sounded super snobbish but she didn't mean it like that and at the same moment she thought about how she over-thought so much in her life.

"Umm.. I just wanted to know if you wanted to hangout. I mean you are in London abhi and so am I, so I was wondering if you are free, and you wanted hangout?' He sounded flustered. She found it cute but she remembered what Khushi told her.

Take it slow.

"Yeah sure. I am here for another 15 days anyways. Want to catch up tomorrow?"

"Sounds perfect. I'll send you the details soon okay?
Also, should I pick you up tomorrow?"

"This isn't a date Ahuja. I'll meet you at the place directly." She teased. Kabir chuckled and bid her bye

"THAT WAS SMOOTH...AND WHAT TIMING!!" Khushi seemed ecstatic! They giggled and Aisha felt at ease. His voice already had the power to calm her nerves and in turn soothe them.

Aisha smiled at her best friend. Seeing Khushi so much in love with Ranveer and Alia with Sameer, Aisha felt so happy and yet so jealous of them at the same time.

After so long she just felt happy and not jealous because she had a beautiful chance at making others envious of her, for once.