43. Ready?

Aisha's pov.

Kabir and I had officially taken a break from our respective careers. Since everyone knew we were to get married sometime, they guessed it would be now.

We too had grown very fond of Aditi and Karan. They were good people and we were glad they were planning our wedding. They had shown us some pictures of a few resorts in Udaipur and we seemed satisfied with two. Kabir and I decided to go take a look at the resorts ourselves before finalising anything.

So we flew down a week back to check out where the ceremonies could take place. No one in our family knew about our plans to hold the wedding in Udaipur. We thought dad should be the first to know and only when everything was officially finalised.

We had loved The Oberoi's Udaivillas and so we told our planners that this would be it.

This would be where I got married to the man I loved.

It was a beautiful place which had a royal yet a modern touch to it. It was beautifully lit in the night and had gorgeous flowers enveloping the area. It was set near a lake and that just added to the resorts grandeur. It was perfect for the two of us.

....

When we had come home after finalising the place, we went to meet dad and break the news to him.

He was happy.

He didn't say much, just kissed my forehead and hugged Kabir and let a few tears slip out.

He missed mama. 

He said to us, "With your wedding, I may live mine too. I'd be closer to your mother than I have been in years."

We had smiled at him and spent the afternoon discussing about the wedding. He gave his inputs and I loved his enthusiasm. I mean, Ofcourse hogi. His daughters getting married! .....Again!

Lmao  That joke never gets old apparently.

...

Maa had been amazed to have known we were getting married in India. She had expressed how security could be a problem but Kabi and I had already decided to get some serious security for the ceremonial week.

It would be fine. If renting the whole east side of the resort and hiring the best security wouldn't help, don't know what would!

....

The wedding celebrations were officially starting from 1st November, which was five days away now. The cards were sent off to close ones and the shopping had commenced.

Papa and maa had been coordinating everything amongst themselves and our planners,  for everything. The rings, the themes, the jewellery. Almost everything was taken care of.

The only thing Kabir and I could do, was laze around, eat and wear outfits to see what would look good. The outfits hadn't been finalised but eh. Apparently it want my problem since I wasnt even allowed to speak about helping them out.

It was a dream come true.
No work.
Only food.
My first love.
Brilliant.

I slipped into zen mode with these thoughts when the intercom buzzed and maa, papa, Khushi and Ranveer said they were waiting outside with Kabir.

We were to go outfit shopping apparently. Guys were going to help vir and the ladies, me.

I slid my bag across my shoulder and slipped into my bomber jacket and shoes and ran out. I was late, like almost always.

I sat in the car and finally wished everyone and kissed keeshu's cheek as he smiled back at me and whispered, "what took you so long?"

"I was just surfing Pinterest. Got carried away." I smiled cheekily. He got me obsessed with Pinterest.
Who the fuck can be obsessed with Pinterest?