36. Perks.

kabir's pov

Like I said, I was ready to get married. I knew she was the one when I saw her walk down the aisle with khushi on her side. I knew it then. I stand by it now.

Even though we just had a huge fiasco in our relationship, we worked it out. We work like a well oiled machine.together, we is 'WE'. The WE you need, to get married.

I knew I wanted to marry her when all my "I's" become "WE's". We should do this. We should do that. It was we. And I Love her. I have never loved anyone like this. Maybe tanya Ma'am from second grade but that's probably it!

So I decided to do it.
I decided to ask her.
When?
On our second anniversary.

......

I lied down on the bed even after waking up from my sleep. It was 8 in the morning and I could hear the tap on, aisha was probably taking a shower. I decided to close my eyes and sleep off for some time more. I was too tired.  I didn't do shit. But I was tired.

Mood.

When I got up again, it was 1 in the afternoon. Well, damn. No one even woke me up. Weird.

.....

The house was silent. No one seemed to be home. I entered the kitchen to take a can of juice when my eyes stopped at the note stuck to the fridge.

"keeshu❤️
Going to shop with bhabhi and MA. Bhaiya is in the office and Navu is with us. Don't worry too much. Made some aloo parathas and packed them. You'll find them in the fridge. Koi na, double exercise kar lena. Don't forget to call papa aaj, he needed to speak with you. God knows what he'll say. Also, your favourite blue socks are in the wash, don't panic. We'll be back in the night. You know, Delhi traffic lmao. Anyways, just relax aaj. Dont stress. AND. Chocos are in the first canbinet to the right. Wohoo
Love you,
Yours,
aish. (OMG LETTER KA CORRECT FORMAT LIKHA CAN YOU BELIEVE IT HAHAHAHHA)"

That's when it hit me. I was definitely going to marry her. She cared for me. Loved me. My family was hers now and she gave me all the little pushes I need, every time. Her sense of humour was so bad it was cute. She was perfect for me.

Our anniversary was almost in a month, 24 days later. I was going to take the first step this time. I was going to take the relationship to a higher level this time. I'll do it. I'll do it right.

......

I downloaded Pinterest to see how I should propose to aish. I glanced at Dadi's ring and then at the rings in my phone. The ring was too simple. Even if aisha was a simple person, I wanted THE ring to be beautiful. She could always wear Dadi's ring for her daily wear, but on the special day, it had to be different.

But then I didn't want maa to feel bad since it was Dadi's and then hers. So I was trying to find a juggad.

I suddenly remembered to call papa. It was almost 5 in the evening so I took my chance to give him a call. To my delight, he picked the call in just a few rings.

"Hi papa"

"Hi beta. Acha suno kabir?"

"Hanji papa?"

"I knew if I say anything to kabir then she will act out a bit. So I thought let me speak with you only."

"About?"

"Future. What's the future plan?"

"....matlab?"

"I mean, kuch socha hai?"

"Papa. To be honest I had to speak to you about this. Maa has given me Dadi's ring. I think I'm going to propose to aisha on our second anniversary. We are perfect for each other. I have never loved anyone like I love her. I promise to keep her happy and always stay by her side. Can you grant me her hand in marriage?"

"kabir beta. This is great! I mean, I'm so happy for you both. But for the record, I was talking about the future of both your careers. I just wanted to know how stable you guys are in them and if you both are happy." He laughed.

OH MY FUCKING GOD. GEEZ.

"Umm. Papa. But I'm serious about the proposal. Should I do it? Do you think she'll say yes??"

"Is that even a question?" He laughed, " She's head over heels for you. You both treat each other so well, understand and compliment each other in such a great way. Don't over-think beta. You both are in the correct space and a good time. Hold onto it. Hmm?"

I was wondering about how papa and my relationship took a completely different turn. He was like a father to me and I was grateful. I missed having a father figure to speak to. Of course bhai was there, but it wouldn't be the same right? And then I got papa. Because of who? aisha.

She always makes things better for me.

........

In the evening after I took a short nap I waited for everyone to return. Until then, I decided to break the news to veer bhai.
I have him a call and as soon as he picked the call I said,"I'm going to propose to Aisha."

"WHAT?"

"Itna kya reaction" I laughed nervously.

"But...didn't everything get okay recently? I hope Tu jald baazi mein Nahi soch raha."

"Wahi toh. It happened so recently but still, we couldn't stay away and like always, we fixed it. Isse better nahi milegi."

"I'm happy for you keeshu."

"I'm happy too."

I think. IM NERVOUS. I NEED TO START PLANNING. A FEW MONTHS THATS IT.

wtf I'm I getting so over dramatic?
Well, perks of being in a relationship with Aisha Sharma ladies and gentlemen.

It's the best thing ever.