24. Bullshit.

Aisha's pov

"Okay guys! Since we all are just a few very close to the couple getting married, Aneesha and I thought, why don't we get more closer too. So we picked out a few games that we could play. So gather around so that Aneesha can explain the first game."

"Okay so the first game is 'memories in a hat'. You guys have to write you favourite memory on a quarter piece of paper, making sure that you do not write your name on the note. Put all the pieces of paper in this hat. Each person in this group will draw a piece of paper from the hat and read the memory aloud. The person's work to guess who wrote the memory. Theek?"

Once everyone seemed to understand the game, I went around the small group and handed out pieces of paper and a pen. There were a few faces that were familiar but I wasn't close to them. Like two or three of khushi and ranveer's old classmates and college mates. But mostly, it was our gang that dominated the party. So the game should be pretty easy....I hope!

Since I already knew we were playing the game, I picked out my favourite memory already. I wrote it down with a bright smile and teary eyes and put it in the bowl that was being passed along.

"Alright who starts?" Sameer asked.

"Bride to be. Go ahead." Alia said.

Khushi nodded and pulled out a small note. And she read out aloud, " when I was a small kid, I entered my moms room and saw her lie motionless on the bed. I shook her but she still didn't wake up. Being the smart person I am, I thought she was dead. I was screaming and kicking the air when my dad walked in. I told him what had happened and continued to be in distress. He suppressed his laughter because even after all I did, my mother was in deep sleep.What a weirdo!" everyone laughed at that as Khushi continued, " later my dad started tickling my mom so that she could wake up. But that didn't end well because she screamed that she just wanted peace for 10 minutes to which my dad said that he just wanted me to know that she wasn't dead. Obviously, my mom didn't buy that reason and my parents have never fought that bad. I slipped out of the room, went to the kitchen, took some chocolate milk and sat on the couch watching tv while my parents tried not to kill each other."

No one knew if they could laugh or not at that situation but everyone had an amused smile on their faces. Khushi cleared her throat and said, " since it ended with chocolate milk in the end, I am guessing it's alia Singh."

"I knew the chocolate milk would give it away. Shit."

Everyone laughed at the logic of guessing as we continued. After a few more favourite memories, one took my breath away.

It was Aneesha's chance to pick a slip and she read it out loud, "My favourite memory includes my mom and I riding horses through flower meadows and picking strawberries. We would build teepees in the garden at night so we could listen to our favourite songs. She would play one old song and and then I would play a new one. We would bake cookies at midnight and eat them with milk and not give them to anyone else. That's my favourite memory."

I could see Aarav bhai stiffen a bit. Aneesha took one glance at him and said, " that has to be aish. I knew because I saw aarav stiffen at the mention of no sharing of cookies and milk. Bhukkad!"

"Oh hello? Chup kar. You eat more than me."

"So? Are you calling me fat?"

"Maybe."

"Aarav... mar ja. I am not talking to you now."

"Acha? Then go on our date tomorrow, alone okay?"

Wait what?

We all raised our eyebrows and they seemed to understand what aarav just said.

"You idiot. It was supposed to be our secret!" Aneesha whisper yelled.