14. Strawberries and Cigarettes.

kabir reached the club but couldn't find any of his friends there. The music was loud, so he went to a corner and called aisha.

One ring. Two rings. Three rings. Six rings.

Kabir then called Ranveer to be invited to five of them singing and laughing through the phone. Ranveer told Kabir they were on their way and would reach in about 5 minutes.

Kabir waited patiently. He took out his phone and scrolled through his insta feed. During this while, he didn't realise when four presences stood near him.

Sameer mocked, "kya dekh raha hai bro?
Itne dhyaan se Aisha ko dekhta toh single nahi hota!"

He winked at Kabir and gave a high five to Ranveer. Kabir brushes the comment aside as he hugged Sameer and alia. He congratulated Ranveer and Khushi as he hugged them both too. He finally looked around for Aisha but he couldn't find her.

Finally, looking at Kabir look around alia said, "she has gone to the washroom. Wow Kabir itna desperation?"

The group again broke out in laughter but Kabir's world had come to a standstill. He just saw Aisha and saying that she looked beautiful would a total understatement.

kabir couldn't tear his eyes off her and aisha seemed to notice this as she blushed and brushed a strand of hair away from her face.

When she came near kabir, she hugged him and kabir tightened his grip on her waist as she did around his neck. They pulled back knowing that they had four pair of eyes on them, looking and smiling and knowing and teasing.

Six of them made their to the VIP area where Ranveer had booked a booth. The slipped into the area and ordered themselves drinks. They settled down and alia suggested a game.

"So I forgot the name of the game  but the basic rule is that we spin the bottle, it points at two. One asks and one answers. But the catch is that the person can ask the question only in that person's ear so that no one else knows the question. But when the person answers, they answer out loud. So if someone wants to know the question, they drink a shot. Got it?"

To this sameer said, "Baby.. the game sounds fun but ....you forgot it's name?" They laughed.

"Sameer, out of all this you got just that part? You are so annoying!" sameer laughed and kissed her cheek.

They spun the bottle.

It landed at Khushi and alia. Khushi has to answer. Alia jumped over to Khushi and whispered a question into her ear.

Khushi looked at the group and randomly said, " handcuffs" everyone guessed what the question was related to and they all smirked at Ranveer and Khushi. 

After a few rounds. It finally landed on Kabir and Ranveer was going to ask. He whispered the question to which Kabir looked at the group and said yes. 
Aisha grew inquisitive. Ofcourse!

She took a shot and demanded the question.

Ranveer smirked at Kabir and and said," I just asked him if he could kiss you right now and he said yes. Common man Aisha. TAKE THE HINT!"

He screamed at her as everyone around ,except profusely blushing aisha, laughed.

The game continued but soon they stopped. The girls wanted to go dance but the boys, Being lazy, said they would join in later.

aisha, alia and khushi made their way to the dance floor and moved their bodies to the rhythm.  They danced with utmost attention and only came back to take a sip of their drinks. Ranveer, sameer and kabir continued to talk but kabir was getting distracted by aisha.

She looked hot.

Kabir obviously found her hot but it was the first time since they met where he saw her look that way. Other times, she was dressed casually or dressy but never 'hot' and he loved her in whatever she wore.

Kabir excused himself from the guys and reached Aisha slowly as the song stopped. The dj just mentioned that it was a slower song than those expected in a club but a couple had specially requested for it.

The song 'strawberries and cigarettes' by Troye Sivan played. Kabir held Aisha's hand and she looked at him shocked. She smiled at him but had questioning eyes. He encircled his hands around her waist as she fastened her hands around his neck.

Alia and Khushi trailed away giving them deserved privacy. Since it was a private club, paparazzi or fan base wasn't an  issue as such.

As they swayed with the music they still maintained their eye- lock. This was definitely the closest they had ever been. Physically and emotionally. Kabir stared into her eyes as he sang along the lines, "long nights, daydreams, sugar and smoke rings. I've been a fool. Strawberries and cigarettes always taste like you"

Aisha for the first time looking at Kabir could feel his love towards her. He had mentioned before about how much he liked her but today she felt it.

With his arms around her and the right kind of music, she just seemed to like him more by every passing second.

They could sense the tension. They both wanted to kiss each other but no one made a move. As the song continued to play, Kabir hugged Aisha from the back and continued swaying with the beats.

She could feel his breathe on her shoulder, giving her goosebumps. Kabir smiled lightly loving the affect he had on her. He spun her around and brushed strand of hair that dwell on her face. He looked into her eyes and inches forward.

There was no urgency. They both took their sweet time to discover their movements. But finally Kabir held her cheek in his hand and his lips landed on hers. Aisha responded immediately as her lips moulded into his. They were slow and soft and sweet.

As they moved away from each other, Aisha opened her eyes and smiled at kabir. She hugged him still swaying to the beats as it finally came to an end
" strawberries and cigarettes always taste like you..."