37. Unseen

23 days later

Mumbai
kabir's pov.

It was one day away. The big question. I really wanted everything to go as planned. aisha and I were throwing a party as I suggested it, and she had accepted the idea. The party was at a farmhouse we rented for the night and a few close ones were there including our families, our friends and some from the cricket team.

From the food to the drinks, the lights to the flowers, we had done up everything according to our liking. It was cute. But then I would drop the question in front of everybody anddddd cue to the nervousness.

Fuck man.

I got up from the bed and walked to the cabinet where I stored the ring. I had gotten the ring customised. Dadi's ring and this ring could fit together perfectly. It was a tear drop shaped diamond ring I had decided upon. It was a unique shape.

She could know she'll have tears only in the form of diamonds.

Oh ew.
Cringey.
And the fact I have to say it's cringe, is more cringe.
Urgh.

Swiftly moving on.....and forgetting I ever said that;

Mama, papa, bhaiya and veer bhai were the only people who knew about the proposal. I wanted no one else to know. It could slip out of bhabhi's mouth anytime since she was always a talkative one! And telling others would just increase the chances of spoiling the surprise for aish.

I entered the washroom with mixed feelings. I was really excited but at the same time, really fucking nervous. What if she said no? That one word could be really scary and this I figured only now. I needed to calm myself down and so I kept my hand on my chest and took a breathe.

"It's fine. It's fine. You can do this. You'll be okay. You're going to get married to the love of your life. It will be perfect. Don't worry."

I said this to myself. Looking into the mirror. Suddenly I looked at myself in the mirror, analysing. Me? Will she choose me? She is gorgeous. This beautiful person and I? I...don't know.

THIS ISN'T THE TIME TO SELF DOUBT. SHH. SHE WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN WITH YOU FOR TWO YEARS IF SHE DIDN'T THINK OF YOU AS 'okay'.

I washed my face with water and went out of the washroom to wait for aish, who was out for some script something something. I don't understand.

....

Aisha's pov

It was two years to us. Wow. Not very long, but time passed so quickly with him. Maybe because our relationship had so much drama in the middle.
Ab thodi Shanti hai.

I woke up listening to Kabir's heart beat. As cliche it sounds, it was it. And I loved the feeling. I went into the washroom to freshen up and make us breakfast. Probably some bacon. I'm craving some.

I came out to see kabir still sleeping so I sneaked into the kitchen, put my headphones on, played 'girls like to swing' and danced along as I heated up bacon and scrambled some eggs.

In the middle of this process, two hands Wrapped around my waist and I smiled as I took my headphone off. I leaned back and said, "do saal. Do saal kaise hee maine tumhe jhela?"

"Tumne Mujhe jhela ya was it the other way around as I seem to remember it?" he nuzzled into my neck and placed soft kisses on my shoulder.

"Move, move hatto. Don't distract me. Khaana jal jaeyga. Bye bye"

"aishhhh...It's our anniversary bro. Be nice to me aaj." He whined.

"Bro I'm always nice to you. So Shhh."