45. Annoyed

Aisha's pov

I was under the water getting a quick shower for the day in front of me. Today we had haldi scheduled. Kabir and I would have our haldi applied together only. It would be more fun together than having it separately.

I had to be down in the venue around 12 pm and it was 10:30 right now. I was enjoying the hot water on my body and the smell of strawberries radiating from the soap I used from body shop. I was taking my own sweet time to get ready. I was in the shower, now, for about 15 minutes and I decided to not waste too much water and get out.

I wrapped the towel around myself and stepped outside the shower cubicle. I plugged in the dryer into the electrical socket and dried my hair. I applied some serum on my face and started doing basic skin care since the haldi would anyway ruin any makeup I would do.

Around 11:30 am, after dancing to a few songs, I decided to slip on my outfit. It was a light coloured lahenga. I was still in double minds about the chunni since handling the haldi and chunni would get too much. I slipped on the blouse and lahenga and curled my hair a little. I wore no heavy jewellery, just a pair of studs and repainted my nails.

I looked at myself in the mirror and a knock on the door interrupted my thoughts. I opened the door thinking I would see someone calling me downstairs for the ceremony but instead I see my 'husband-to-be'.

Now.

Generally I would be happy to see him but right now, only I know how I controlled my anger.

He walked into the room wearing a sweatshirt and sweats and munching on a sandwich . He said,
"Whatsup baby?"

"Whatsup? WHATSUP?"

"Why are you getting mad?"he asked innocently

"I am wearing a Heavy fucking lahenga for our haldi ceremony and you, clearly aren't ready. What is this behaviour Kabir?"

"No it's actually "what is this behaviour Pooja?" He said and started laughing on his pathetic joke as I pouted.

"Keeeshuuuu?" I whined.

"Arey chill na. I have 15-20 minutes in hand. I just have to slip on a kurta it's fine."

"You're Impossible." I smiled lightly and turned around to walk away when he held my hand and pulled my into his arms.

"Did I tell you that you look absolutely amazing?"

"Not really...."

"Do I need to tell you or do you now know?" He nuzzled his nose at the crook of my neck.

"I need you to show me." I whispered with a smirk.

He smirked back at me and turned me around. As soon as he was going to kiss me, a knock broke the moment. 

"I hate whoever that is!" Kabir muttered under his breath. I laughed at him and told him to go into the washroom since nobody should see him.

I opened the door to see alia. She gave me a little haldi in a bowl to apply. Something auspicious, I guess.

I brought the bowl in after locking the door. I called Kabir and out and asked him to leave and get ready for the ceremony himself.

He saw the bowl in my hand and snatched it from me.

"You ready?"

"Yeah...?" I asked confused.

He smirked and plopped haldi onto my nose and cheeks.

"KABIR! I SAID I WAS READY NA?" I screamed.

He started laughing as I chased him around. He put the bowl on the table and ran out of the room.