30. Could he?

Kabir's pov

I had just stormed out of the room in sheer anger. I really don't understand how aisha expects me to understand this situation. He is her ex and I am her new boyfriend. Doesn't and shouldn't this end all matters or past relations already?

I banged into ayush on the way and he, being my best friend, realised I was upset.

"Kya hua bhai?"

"It's nothing ayu"

"Bol bhi de!"

"Arey bas.... yeh aisha ka ex. He is always fucking there now. Be it with her or in the middle of our relationship. He is just....there."

"Matlab?"

"I mean, aisha was, initially, scared to work with him giving their past relationship but she went on that ship a little wary and came out with her new best friend. And I don't think she actually realises, he seems pretty interested in her according to me. And whatever I say or do, it won't stop aisha from making a choice. Obviously, and it really shouldn't but I want to be selfish and keep her with me. I don't even want to think slightly that I might lose her. That too, to that guy...."

"You are being insecure faltu mein. I know it is normal to feel this way, but if aisha is trying to patch things between you and him, I don't think you should worry. Maybe they actually just are friends. Try to talk to him. Maybe you'll lose the insecurities."

"But maybe I'll end up having more instead."

" maybe! But you will never know until you try."

......

We walked into the hall where the party was taking place. I saw not many, but just around 20 people in the hall. aisha held my hand and smiled at me as she dragged me to meet people around and introduce me to them.

But I was waiting to meet just THE one.

And then I did.

"aish!" I heard a voice say.
aisha smiled brightly and hugged Vihaan tightly. 

"Hey you!"
"Aur? You went to your boyfriend and totally forgot me na?"

"Oh SHUTUP. But that reminds me. Meet kabir."

"Hey" "Hi" I shook his hands with a fake smile adorning my lips.

"I'll get drinks aisha. What do you want?"

"A Cosmo isn't it?" Vihaan laughed.

"You know me!" aisha replied and kept her head on his shoulder. That was the moment. The moment I saw his eyes flick towards mine as if saying, " 1-0". I could sense his happiness to win. I tried calming myself down and walked towards the bar.

.....

I was drinking my beer. Alone. Staring at my girlfriend and her best friend. They laughed and joked and smiled and I saw the way vihaan held her hand every time he cracked a joke. She didn't seem to mind it.

Of course she didn't.
She was so oblivious.

I wasn't as mad at vihaan than I was at Aisha. How did she not see? Not realise? Doesn't every girl have some idea? Not even when it is so fucking obvious that everyone in the room sees it and passes silent sympathetic glances towards her present boyfriend? Vihaan. I don't blame him for trying to win her back. aisha was extraordinary, anyone would want her in their life.

My thoughts broke when The music played. I looked at aisha thinking about how this could've my chance to spend some time with her. I glided towards her and asked her if she wanted to dance when she said,
"Oh! kabir, vihaan just asked me. And he did ask before you did......just 10 minutes!"
And then I saw the glint in his eyes. I knew that look well by now since it was the only look he gave me.
She kissed my cheek and smiled at me warmly.

For the first time, her smile didn't warm my heart enough. It was still a little ice cold.
.....

I had seen enough by now. I swigged the last sip of my beer and skipped towards Aisha.

"Hey!" I tried keeping my voice as calm as I could.

"kabir! God, has it been more than 10 minutes?"

"Yeah. About half an hour almost."

"Geez. We are so sorry kabir." Vihaan showed his fake concern.

"That's okay. Umm aisha?"
And when she looked at me with kind questioning eyes, I said harshly,
"You aren't allowed at the pent house anymore. Find yourself a room in the hotel."

"Wait! What?" She questioned with puzzled eyes.

"Oh baby! The penthouse can only be shared with family. And you certainly, don't seem to take me as yours."

.....

I was back at the pent house. I was angry, a little sad bust mostly just hurt. I closed my eyes but I sleep came to me. My phone was now switched off because I couldn't, and mostly didn't want to, read any texts from aisha. I closed my eyes and saw the blackness. The emptiness. It was scary. The feeling of losing aisha, it felt like that.

But it was a chance I was willing to take.

......

Next morning, as cane out of my room all ready and fresh but with a troubled mind, I heard aisha sobbing and ayush and aryan's distant mummers. I swear if they would take her side in this situation, I would kill them.

I went into the hall only to see Aryan and ayush scold aisha. *surprise*

"aish, how you treated him was wrong. You need to understand that."

"He is our brother and being the man he is, I don't think he deserves that"

"I am sorry. I know I was wrong. I was just trying to ease the situation. I didn't realise it would hurt him so bad!" She cried.

ayush engulfed her into a huge hug and kissed her forehead lovingly.
"Koi na! Just don't do it again. Ab Rona band kar. Warna Tera boyfriend aake bohot peetega!"

She chuckled lightly before her eyes landed on me. She cane towards me with her head hung low. She lifted her head slowly but her eyes were full of regret, hurt and apologies. I kissed her forehead as I hugged her slowly. I hadn't fully forgiven her for all the reasons yesterday, not realising, ignoring, making me feel insulted in front of everyone else there. But I still couldn't see this woman cry.

Damn it!

.....

Aisha had left to the hotel. I still hadn't invited her back to live in the pent house. And she didn't ask. Maybe she wants to give me some space or maybe, she needs some too. I don't know anymore and I don't want to. Maybe that isn't right for our relationship. But fuck it. I have more important problems to deal with right now.

All I should be worried about is that I have my first world cup match tomorrow and right now, I am training. I should get this bullshit out of my head.
I should.
But, Could I?

.....