Eight

"Ava?" I heard Noah call out while I was rushing out the crowded place.

I finally was able to stop, I leaned against the wall taking deep breaths "Hey, you okay?" He asked, I looked up at him "Why do you care anyways!?" I yelled at him.

"Woah" He said "Sorry" I sighed "I panicked" I mumbled sitting down on the ground.

"Let me take you back to your dorm" He said giving me a hand to help me to stand up, I stood up without taking it, knowing it would be a bad idea to touch him.

He walked off to his car and I walked after him, wanting to leave this horrendous place, once I got in the car; I realized I was tearing up, why am I even crying?

I just kept looking out the window, hoping he wouldn't notice, and he didn't. So I got out quickly of his car, mumbling a quiet thank you and walked in the building rushing to my dorm.

Once I got there, I realized I didn't call my dad in this whole week, I had been so busy that I forgot him.

I quickly got my computer and Skyped him, and he immediately picked up.

"Hey baby" He said "Sorry dad that I didn't call you" I started, then I started talking with him about Noah, how I've never been this way before, and that I think I sort of like him as in, attraction.

I know it may seem weird to someone that I would talk to my dad about this, but what am I supposed to do if my mom isn't there?

I fell asleep talking to my dad, on the computer basically.

The next morning, I forgot to put an alarm, but since it was weekend it didn't really matter that much.

I didn't have anything planned, so I decided to start of the day writing the essays some professors already said they were going to ask these.

My day was quiet, almost too quiet, lonely, I don't know. I guess I'm starting to miss my dad.

Then my phone rang, I saw and I didn't know the number, I decided to ignore it, then after 5 minutes, I got a text.

I picked up my phone to look at it.

It said 'open the door', I got up and walked to the door, not sure to open it up, what if it's a serial killer?

I still decided to take the chance and opened the door, Noah.

"How did you get my number?" I asked, he shrugged "I know the right people, want to hang out and grab some coffee?" He asked kindly, I looked down to see I was still in my pajamas.

"Uhm, let me change first?" "Oh, you're fine, I like you better this way than your nun skirts anyway" He snorted.

I rolled my eyes "Please don't" I groaned, he chuckled.

I quickly threw on something random I had in my closet and walked out the door, with Noah.

I don't know why but I felt eyes on me, a lot of eyes, just like everyone was staring at me and Noah, I don't know why tho.

"Black" He simply said once we got to the café, the man immediately knew, and he gave me a coffee with milk, just like always.

"So.." I started "What?" He said as we sat down "Friends?" I asked him biting my lip, he took a breath, and nodded.

"Friends" He smiled, but the smile didn't reach his eyes, his eyes are still empty, no joy, nothing.

"Why is everyone staring?" I asked him "Because I'm saying more than two words without biting your head off, I guess" He simply said.

"Why is that?" I said taking a sip of my coffee "I'm not sure" He said also drinking from his.

I wonder what is going on in his head, why he is so closed.