Sixty - Three

"He should be here" I said looking around the crowd in the airport once our flight landed and had our luggage.

"He's not going to like me" Noah breathed out "He likes everyone" I chuckled and then I saw him, I dropped everything I was holding and jumped in his arms "Daddy!" I squealed in his neck, he laughed hugging back.

"I missed you baby girl" He whispered and then I let go of him "Hi sir" Noah said holding his hand out "Please, call me Anthony, or Tony, whatever you like the best" He smiled shaking his hand.

"I'm Noah" He said clearly nervous, I smiled a bit at the two of them shaking hands, and then when they pulled away we walked to the car.

We got in and my dad started the car "What was it that you wanted to tell me?" I asked curiously "I'll tell you at home" He said.

Now I know it's going to be bad news, the drive was quiet, but not awkward, my dad was humming to the music softly.

When we arrived, I looked at my old house, and there was a car parked, a car I recognized too well.

"August!?"" I squealed as Noah looked confused, once my dad stopped the car I ran out into the house because the door was open.

Then I saw him, it was ages ago that I had seen him "Avalynn!" He yelled pulling me in a hug "I hate you, how could you leave for such a long time!?" I said in our hug.

My father and Noah came in, I pulled back smiling "Noah, this is my older brother, August" I smiled awkwardly, Noah was surprised but held his hand out for him to shake it.

But August didn't "What's wrong?" I asked him "I dont like him" He simply said and walked into the kitchen.

I awkwardly looked at Noah "I'm so sorry" My dad said walking after him "Sorry, he is just... my brother" I chuckled "I understand, I wouldn't like me either" Noah shrugged, I took his hand and ran upstairs.

When I opened my bedroom door, everything was still how it was just a couple of months ago, I walked in with him "This is my room" I said excitedly.

"Why didn't you tell me you had a brother?" He sighed "I didn't?" I mumbled "You didn't" He said getting closer "Sorry" I smiled a bit hugging him.

"It's okay, I'm just going to have a rough week since your brother doesn't like me" He laughed, I giggled in his chest "I will talk to him" I smiled pulling back.

"So, any more surprises?" He asked me "Nope" I giggled walking out "You haven't been here in years so just accept who your sister dates, okay? You dont have any say in this" My dad spoke to my brother.

My brother never was home, since our mom left, he kind of didn't come around the house anymore, he went down the wrong path, and I thought I'd never see him again.

He sighed and looked at us "I dont like him" He repeated looking at him "Gus, enough" My dad said sternly "He just looks like someone that could be one of my friends" He muttered and Noah awkwardly cleared his throat.

"I dont know what you think of me, but I'm not what you think I am" Noah defended himself "I think you are not Avalynn's love of her life like she thinks you are" He shrugged.

"What even is your problem? You have been gone for years, for fucking ages and you come back and suddenly are going to decide who I should date or not?" I snapped at him "Language" My dad warned.

"I'm just trying to protect you" He sighed "You know I love you, but you are too late to come into my life now and play big good brother, and with that being said, I am hungry" I changed subjects taking Noah's hand walking to the kitchen with him.

My dad followed "I'm sorry son" He patted his shoulder, Noah nodded a bit, I could see he was struggling when he touched him.

"It's fine, really" Noah smiled a bit "I'm hungry" I said looking in the fridge for some food.

"Your mom is coming to have dinner on Christmas" My dad blurted out, I shut the door "What?" I asked shocked.

"I asked her" My dad nodded "I dont want her here, you should've asked me first" I scolded him "She wants to try again, with your half brothers" My dad said, but I could hear in his voice he wasn't pleased with that.

I sighed "I dont want too" I muttered, I felt Noah's hand on my back making me relax a little "I know" My dad nodded and walked out of the kitchen.

I stared at the ground as my eyes started to tear up "How did he dare?" I said angrily.

"Baby, it's going to be okay, I'll be here for you, for whatever you need, okay?" He said as he pulled me into a hug, I nodded drying my tears, I refuse to cry again because of my mother.

"It'll be okay" He whispered in my ear "You are getting really good at this" I said looking at him "At what?" He asked confused "Comforting me, and being boyfriend-ish" I chuckled.

"I've been training" He laughed, I giggled "You are such a dork sometimes" I kissed his cheek.

"I love you" He whispered, I looked at him "Noah..." I mumbled "I know, I know, I wont make it awkward" he nodded "Thanks" I muttered pulling him back into a hug.

He held me tightly as if I was going to fall without his arms as I heard my dad and brother bicker in the background.

This is going to be such a nice holiday, I am starting to regret coming back here.