Seventy - Two

Noah's P.O.V

"Fucking hell" I muttered as Ava slammed the door after her and Isa ran outside to her.

"You think that that's the way to treat a lady?" Rick asked me as I dropped myself on the couch feeling dizzy "You don't get to tell me what to do" I muttered rubbing my face feeling helpless.

"And who gets to tell you? I raised you Noah, I think I have the right to point out your behavior" He argued "You should've just let me die" I muttered not looking up at him "What?" He asked confused getting closer slowly, afraid of me.

"I'm always angry at you because I don't want to fucking be here, the only thing I have, well, had, was her and she fucking left" I raised my voice again "You are really not aware how much this girl loves you, are you?" He sighed shaking his head.

"Oh shut the fuck up" I groaned putting my head in my hands "How about you go and take a nap to sober up and then we will talk about this?" He said, I sighed and walked to my room dropping myself on the bed as I felt the world spin.

Why did I even drink?

"Run, you coward, run" My dad yelled laughing as he slammed the door closed behind me.

I kept running until I couldn't anymore, I think I ran for half an hour and then when I was sure he wasn't behind me, I kept walking, I walked for literally two days until I had to stop and eat something.

But how am I possibly going to eat something without money? I sighed getting in the pancake place looking around, afraid of my father showing up.

"Daddy, I want a pancake!" A girl squealed, I looked back to see a blond girl stand beside a big man, standing next to me, I got back slowly, afraid he would notice me.

"Hey, what are you doing here all alone?" The man asked getting on his knees "This kid has been wandering around here for days now, dont know where it came from" The man behind the little bar said.

"You are lost?" He said softly trying to touch my face but I yanked away "You have got bruises, where do they come from?" He kept on asking, by now I was shaking like crazy.

Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry Noah.

"I'm Fredrick, and this is Isa" He smiled as the girl came and held her hand out, I just looked at her hand not giving her mine so Fredrick whispered to not give me her hand.

"Want to come home with me and have a warm bath and then I'll make some pancakes? With ice cream?" He smiled widely, then I felt my stomach ache from the hunger, I'll just run away after I had his pancakes.

I took a warm bath and put on some clothes he had laying there and then I heard loud whispers "You can't just take him in Rick you don't know this kid!" A woman whispered "The kid is all bruised up! I will get him to the doctor and he will talk, okay?" He whispered back.

"We can't take him in right now we are not-" "Hey little guy!" He sang once he saw me "What's your name? Now that you are all cleaned up" He smiled "N-Noah" I said quietly after being days without talking.

"That's a wonderful name Noah" He smiled, I nodded slowly.

"Noah?" He whispered as I felt hands on my shoulder, I shot up yanking away but then I saw Ric "You slept all yesterday and all night, I thought you died" he joked.

"Your wife left you because of me" I breathed out "What?" He asked confused "I-I had a dream, the day you picked me up from the pancake restaurant, you had a fight with your wife on how about you couldn't just take me in, you got divorced because of me" I breathed out, in shock.

"No, Noah it wasn't because of you" He sighed "We weren't good at that moment and we had constant fights and I broke it up with her because each fight we had you grew more afraid of us, so I broke up with her" He said quietly, I sighed.

"Ava is downstairs, still, she slept on the couch" He said patting my shoulder "Ava?" I asked him confused, then all the memories of yesterday came into my head, me fighting Lucas, getting into a fight with Ava, going home, Rick telling me my father is coming and then... Ava. Shit.

I got up rubbing my eyes and I walked to the living room, only to see her sitting on the couch with a warm chocolate in her hands under a blanket.

I went over and quietly sat down next to her, I sat there a few minutes in utter silence, as she was taking sips of her chocolate, staring at the wall with swollen eyes.

"Look" I said, but it came more out as a crack, I cleared my throat and looked at her, but I forgot how to talk, where we were at that moment so I was just staring at her.

I took a deep breath and started again "I'm sorry" I whispered, but she just kept staring at the wall "Please" I whispered putting my hand on her knee, but still nothing.

I took a deep breath, is she testing my patience?

"Baby... please look at me" I said a little bit louder but still softly, when she still didn't look at me I sighed and sat down in front of her on the ground, catching her attention.

"I'm sorry for all the things I said yesterday, for calling you a bitch and saying all that things in front of Rick and Isa" I said softly "And most of all, I'm sorry for hurting you, I'm so sorry" I whispered laying my head on her lap carefully.

I just laid there as I felt myself build up, don't cry, not again.

Then I felt her fingers in my hair softly playing with it, I let out a breath of relief.

But the tears streamed down my face, but I quickly wiped them, so no one could see.