Chapter 29

Mori POV
1 month earlier  Friday July 8

It was 3 in the afternoon and I'm just getting off work yes I work and it's so fucking draining. I work at Sam's club off Bradley road across from woodmans. They're draining the life outta me they been having me on the schedule damn near every day since the summer started. I literally had week off and that's when I went to Miami but it was cut short for obvious reasons.

"See ya naja" I said to my coworker she was the only one I liked and trusted in this place. She wasn't messy and just like me she just coming to get her money and go. When we both work the same shift we be having a ball acting up in the stock room until we get caught. Naja is like my work best friend.

"You leaving already... I just got here" she said pouting

"Ya know why they ain't schedule us together no more" I said looking at her she busted out laughing

"They shouldn't have the aux cord open in plain sight" she said shrugging I laughed walking out the break room I seen my manager and tried my best to avoid her but failed

"Hey Mori can you-

"Can I do what" I said ready to go

"Stay until 8 we short staff"

"Nope" I said popping the p walking away out the door I was looking for Leland car he was suppose to be picking me up.

I seen his car roll up the hill all slow and shit he finally stopped in front of me letting me get in.

"Hey baby" I said leaning over kissing his cheek

"What's that"

"What?"

"Give daddy some sugar" he said puckering up his lips I kissed his lips and he turned around continuing driving.

"so babe I was thinking about trying to get my license again" I said kind of nervous

"Really... go for it I'm tired of being your chauffeur" he said laughing

"I know I wanna leave when I want to and not wait for anyone.. you think they'll let me try again"

"Yeah how many times did you fail"

"Too many ... I passed the written test it's just driving my nerves get to bad and I mess up" I said honestly I've token my road test 4 times and after the 5 fail you gotta write a letter to someone asking them to let you drive I'm not trying to do that. My nerves and anxiety just to bad to drive one time I was taking a road test a semi truck was in front of me and I was scared something was going to pop out and scare me so I went to the other lane and I was in between two semi trucks I stopped the car in the middle of traffic letting them pass.

Another it was a truck with poles hanging from the back and a real nigga wasn't fucking with that I seen all the Final Destination and ain't nothing about to kill me so I got over before checking my blind spot and the lady said that's an automatic fail right there so I've failed and been having people drive me around.

We pulled up to my house and I seen Ariana car in the driveway 🙄

"Want me to come in?" Leland asked ya see he's so sweet

"Yes please I'm tired and don't feel like dealing with her" I said he parked in the driveway getting out rushing to my side to open the door. He always tell me don't touch no door when he's around something about it being a man job a what not. We walked up to the door and in the house I seen my auntie on the couch with Ariana and some light skin girl.

"Hey mommy" I said kissing my auntie check looking at Ariana, Ariana mugged me while the light skin girl looked me up and down.

"Hey baby, Hey booby... I k ow you tired and just got off work but we need to talk" I nodded

"Can I take a shower first and I'll be right out" I said grabbing Leland hand walking to my room

"You let her bring that thug in your house and in her room? Whew child couldn't be me" I heard Ariana say I kept walking ignoring her.

Once we made it to my room I jumped on Leland kissing his lips wrapping my legs around his waist

"Chill baby" he said kissing me back he tried to put me down but I wrapped my arms around his neck not letting go I missed him so much .

"Go shower, then go talk to you auntie so we can go eat" he said making me get down

"Can we go to cheddars I've been feigning for some" I said looking for something to where

"I'll pick you out something to where just go get in the shower" he said handing me my towel and pushed me out my room into the bathroom.

"Take ya time" he said kissing my forehead I stripped out my clothes looking at my now flat stomach I rubbed my belly fighting the urge to cry.  My baby was in there and just like that it was gone, I let a tear slip out and the rest started flowing behind it.  I got myself together quickly not wanting to cry anymore. I started the shower getting in washing every inch getting behind my ears and my neck most people don't do that. I rinsed off stepping out the shower feeling so much better I wrapped myself in my towel walking to my room seeing the outfit Leland put out.  He had me some ripped dark blue jeans out and a colorful crop top. I put the outfit on spraying my Beautiful Day perfume, I went to the bathroom getting my hair stuff. I wet my hair putting some pink oil on my hair moisturizing my hair I put jam around my edges brushing it up into a ponytail. I made sure it was right before wrapping it around in a bun I put my hair stuff up cleaning my mess.

I walked towards the front room hearing Ariana voice ughh

"So you don't have a real job but driving a nice car... what is it you do" I heard her ask I put some pep in my step walking to the front room

"Why does it matter what he do? Who are you to even ask that?"

"I'm your mother no matter how much you hate me I'm going to be around me and your sister" she said pointing at the light skin girl across from her.

"Oh now you wanna be around where were you when your boyfriend use to touch on me? Huh out there getting high or what about the time you burnt me because I threw away your crack where was that loving mother at" I said fighting the tears that was threatening to fall

"I wasn't stabl-"

"Stable my ass you talk about The Graham's like they're nothing at all but really you need to be thanking them they helped my auntie raise us gave her a job when she lost hers because of you .. you fucking crack head" I yelled cutting her off storming out the house.

That lady did so much shit to me when I was little now she wants to come in like everything all good but that's not how this shit work for all I'm concerned she's dead to me and that light skin girl.