(Chapter One-Promise)

'Beach City, during the day it can be rather busy due to its tourism attractions that and being closer the the ocean means there could be a fair bit of traffic through the town, at night time the town is completley empty, it's nice for when someone needs time to themselves'

'Within the Beach house connected to the Gem temple everyone is either out on a late night mission or asleep, Garnet and Pearl had gone out on a mission shortly after Chip had fallen asleep'

'Within the quiet dark house a light Blue flashing can be seen from Chip as a light coming from his right eye blinks under its bandages'

'The flashing light is soon replaced by a mechanical whirring, as Chip reboots as he sits up'

'When he opens his eye he looks around the darkened home, he then looks down at his now almost fully formed left arm and hand'

'His left arm is fully repaired up to his wrist leaving his hand looking like a metal skeleton, he then reaches upto his bandages on his head and begins to unwrap them, once fully unwrapped his eyes flicker for a moment before they both begin to shine a bright blue color as both irises  act like a flash light'

'Chip stands up and looks around slightly alarmed at the sudden light appearing, he stumbles around for a moment before covering his eyes out of fear'

'When he removes his hands he notices the shadow of his hands which calms him down slightly enough for him to gather his thoughts'

'Chip looks at the door to the porch and walks towards it, before he opens the door he looks around the house once more as he carefully turns the door handle with his left hand'

'Once the door is open he silently steps outside and closes the door as quietly as possible, he then makes his way into town to look around'

'As he marvels at the surrounding buildings he continues walking, his legs making robot like noises through the wounds that have yet to heal'

'As he rounds a corner his legs stop moving on their own which stops him from tripping over the smaller person infront of him, The child known as Onion is looking up at the taller boy'

'Chip puts his metal skeleton like index finger upto his lips in a attempt to tell him to be quiet'

'Onion stands for a moment before giving Chip a thumbs up who responds with one of his own, Onion steps out of the way letting Chip pass down the alley way'

'Chip quickly jogs down the alley way finding himself at the base of a hill, he looks up the hill and begins to walk up'

'Once at the top of the hill he is greeted with a a view of the entirety of beach city, he sits down crossing his legs as he looks out of the town admiring the view'

'As he is looking out over the town he turns his head to look behind himself, noticing someone behind him'

'Garnet is seen standing leaning over him causing him to look up at her face casting a blue glow on her visor, a small smile spreads across her face as she sits behind him'

Garnet: "And here I thought I could sneak up on you, you're learning how to use your systems much faster than I expected" 'Garnet says with a amused tone in her voice as Chip looks up to the night sky'

'Garnet's smile grows a small bit at his curious nature'

'Garnet picks him up by his sides and Places him infront of herself like she has with Steven multiple times before'

Garnet: "I know you are curious, and that you have many, many questions about yourself and the world around you and you will learn the awnser to those questions eventually" 'Garnet says softly earning a quiet hum from Chip as he looks down'

Garnet: "But you need to be careful, there are lots of things out here that will want to hurt you" 'Garnet says seriously she looks down at Chip'

'Chip looks up at Garnet causing her smile to reappear on her face'

Garnet: "Can you promise me that you will be careful?" 'Garnet asks earning a string of confirming beeps from Chip as his Irises turn green'

'Silence falls between the two as they look out over Beach City a satisfied smile across Garnet's face while Chip stares at the sky in awe'

'Chip looks forward with a perplexed look on his Face, he opens his mouth leaving a blue light to spread across the area infront of them'

'Garnet watches curiously before she tenses up as what sounds like radio static comes from Chip'

'The static cuts out in between when Chip takes a Breath, small amounts of blue clear sweat can be seen across his forhead'

'Garnet is about to stop Chip before what sounds like a heavily distorted voice comes from him'

Garnet: "Don't force yourself, you will learn to talk in time" 'Garnet says trying to calm him down slightly'

'Silence falls between the two for a few moments only to be interrupted by a staticky voice coming from Chip'

Chip: "Pro...m..ise" 'Chip says causing Garnet to go silent with a rare look of surprise on her face before she begins to laugh to herself lightly'

'Garnet stands up as she sets Chip down infront of her a smile still present on her face'

Garnet: "That's what I like to hear" 'Garnet says as she ruffles his hair earning a string of beeps that sound simmilar to laughter'

'Garnet smiles happily at the progress she has made with the robotic teen infront of her'

Garnet: "Let's go back home, Pearl is going to freak about this" 'Garnet says softly as she holds out a hand to chip'

'Chip looks at Garnets hand unsure for a moment before he takes her hand in his own, causing her to chuckle to herself'

Garnet: "Even Steven wasnt this innocent when he was little" 'Garnet says as the two begin to walk back to the Beach house'

*To be continued*