(Chapter Three- A New Crystal Gem!!)

'After a short confrontation with Garnet and Pearl Amethyst had explained what information Carbonite felt inclined to share, While Pearl seemed suspicous of the sudden formation of a new Gem Garnet was a little unsure of her but otherwise seemed okay with her'

Garnet: "So....What are your intentions with my son exactly?" 'Garnet asks rather bluntly'

Carbonite: "It is my duty to protect him from any threats that may target him, due to his most recent damages I have made it my job to become his first line of defense" 'Carbonite says in a equally blunt fashion'

Garnet: "Well that solves that" 'Garnet says uncrossing her arms'

Pearl: "You're just going to believe her because she says too?!" 'Pearl says alarmed'

Amethyst: "Yo Chill out P' She already brought Chip back didnt she? He was unconsious she could have easily taken him out then and there!" 'Amehyst says defending Carbonite'

'Pearl stops mid rant placing her right index finger on her Chin in thought'

Pearl: "That is true....alright, but I'll be watching you carefully" 'Pearl says to Carbonite'

Carbonite: "Understood" 'Carbonite says in a monotone voice'

Amethyst: "Yeeaah! New crystal gem! Oh! What's your weapon? Is it like a helmet or somthing? You did come out of the Beta kindergarten'

Carbonite: "Actually no my weapon is much Different from your's but it is similar to Pearl's" 'Carbonite says placing her hand I front of her gemstone as she stands up'

'Out of her gemstone comes a large pole, with a grey and blue blade on the end of it'

Pearl: "Oh my, I've never seen a gem with a Polearm as a weapon" 'Pearl says in surprise'

Carbonite: "As I stated before I am meant to be a body gaurd, therefore it wouldnt make very much sense for me to have a close range weapon for defense" 'Carbonite explains glancing at her weapon checking it over'

'Garnet glances at Carbonite's Gemstone for a moment noticing the glowing blue center of it'

Garnet: "So Chip's Blood is what caused the change in gem structure before you were formed?" 'Garnet asks curiously'

Carbonite: "That is correct, his blood caused a unexpected chemical reaction within the injector processing systems. The fluid the injector then produced once powered on after it then created me" 'Carbonite states storing her weapon within her Gem'

'After a short while the Crystal Gems eventually walk outside with Carbonite reluctantly following due to Amethyst insisting Chip would be fine'

'Carbonite is currently kneeling down to Steven's height curiously examining the gem hybrid'

Steven: "Wooow! We have a new Crystal gem?!" 'Steven asks excitedly while Carbonite tilts her head curiously'

Carbonite: "Why are you so small?" 'Carbonite asks curiously'

Steven: "Hey I'm still growing!" 'Steven says pouting'

'Carbonite tilts her head once more, she seems to be unsure of what to do as she looks rather confused'

'Carbonite hesitantly pat's Steven on the head, confusing the young hybrid'

Steven: "What're you doing?"

Carbonite: "Isnt this how humans show affection? I remember seeing one do this to a small furry creature" 'Carbonite says slightly confused, her black and red triangle shaped pupils turning turquoise'

Steven: "I mean kinda? That's called petting, we do it with our pets or animals. Like lion!" 'Steven says causing Carbonite to turn to the large Pink cat who has been lazily laying against a rock'

Carbonite: "That is a very large feline" 'Carbonite states bluntly'

Steven: " A what line?" 'Steven asks chuckling slightly'

Carbonite: "Now if you excuse me I must return to Chip, it is my duty to look after him and I have already strayed from that path for far too long" 'Carbonite says dusting herself off as she stands up and walks away'

Pearl: "She certainly seems devoted dosent she?" 'Pearl asks watching Carbonite walk into the house'

Amethyst: "Yeah, she also seems....weird"

Garnet: "Detached you mean. She seems to have little interest in anything outside of protecting Chip" 'Garnet says as she leans against the railing'

Pearl: "And that dosent bother you?"

'Garnet simply hums in response to Pearl's question, a conflicted look on her face'

Steven: "Aww come on guys! She seems nice!"

Amethyst: "Yeah! And I mean if she wanted to hurt someone she would have already done that right?" 'Amethyst suggests causing the group to go silent'

Garnet: "I suppose so, still I shall be keeping a close....eye on her" 'Garnet says chuckling at her own pun'

Amethyst: "Ughh, its spreading"

Pearl: "What is?"

Amethyst: "Your bad sense of humor. First it was Chip now Garnet's telling the mom equivalent of dad jokes" 'Amethyst says with a annoyed sigh'

Pearl: "My sense of humor is just fine thank you" 'Pearl says crossing her arms'

'Garnet smiles lightly at the squabbling gems before turning her attention to the house window, Carbonite can be seen sitting patiently next to Chip, her eyes having returned to their normal red and black colors'

'While she seemed detached and cold talking to the others she has a content smile on her face as she waits next to Chip'

Steven: "Noo Lion! You give me my shirt back!" 'Steven says chasing Lion as he runs into the house'

Pearl: "Oh dear"

*To be continued*