(Chapter Three- A Talk)

Peridot: "How do you think it's going out there?" 'Peridot asks curiously'

Chip: "I dont know I've never played baseball...." 'Chip says sighing to himself'

'Indeed the remaining Crystal Gems were playing Baseball against the Rubies that had arrived on earth, If the Rubies won they got to search the Barn and if the Crystal Gems (who are currently "Disguised" as humans) won the Rubies had to leave the earth'

Chip: "I think were winning? Think being the keyword there"

Peridot: "Sooo, what do you think if Lapis staying here in the barn?" 'Peridot asks trying to start a proper conversation'

Chip: "I dunno, I havent really spoken to her enough to have a opinion"

'Peridot squints her eyes at Chip suspiciously causing him to do the same to her'

'Chip flicks Peridot on the forehead causing her to squeak before rubbing her head momentarily'

Peridot: "Rude"

Chip: "Oh hush"

'Chip looks back outside just in time to see Ruby and Sapphire fuse back into Garnet right infront of the team of Rubies, Chip sighs before activating his thrusters'

'Shortly after the Rubies fuse together forming one large Ruby, the fusion towers over the group of Gems'

Perdiot: "WAAAAIT!" 'Peridot yells as Chip flies her down to the group'

'Chip drops Peridot infront of the Ruby fusion before landing next to Garnet'

Perdiot: "Its me your after right? I wont let my friends fight my battles!"

Steven: "Awww Peri Loves us!"

Multi-Ruby: "Are you the Peridot assigned to the failed earth mission?"

Peridot: "Not sure, failed is the right word to-"

MultiRuby: "WHERE IS JASPER?"

Peridot: "You're looking for Jasper?"

Multi-Ruby: "CORRECT!"

Peridot: "But I'm the one who betrayed the mission! The one who called Yellow Diamond a Clod! The new leader of the Crystal gems?"

Pearl: "Whaat?" 'Pearl says lowering her spear'

Multi-Ruby: "TELL US WHERE JASPER IS NOW!"

Peridot: "Jasper, we know where Jasper is!"

Multi-Ruby: "WELL?!"

Peridot: "Uhhh"

Steven: "NEPTUNE! She's on Neptune!" 'Steven yells pointing to the sky'

Multi-Ruby: "Well why didn't you say so?" 'The Ruby fusion says as she begins to unfuse into her counterparts'

'After a short interaction the Rubies load back into their ship and fly off leaving the Crystal Gems to themselves once more'

Chip: "Why Neptune?"

Steven: "It was the first thing I could think of" 'Steven says hanging his head'

Peridot: "Its a good thing Ruby's are dumb"

Chip: "Not all Ruby's are dumb" 'Chip states squinting his eyes at Peridot causing her to laugh nervously'

'Once the Crystal Gems go back to their Daily Routine Lapis eventually makes her way to Chip once finding him doing his best to fix the giant hole in the barn'

Lapis: "So...if you dont mind me asking, why are you so close with Garnet?" 'Lapis asks unsure of how to start a conversation'

Chip: "Oh..She's my mother, not blood related of course, gem's cant have children without giving up their Physical form. But she has been the Closest thing to a real mother I've had"

Lapis: "What do you....mean?" 'Lapis asks obviously confused'

Chip: "Well, when the Crystal gems found me, I had no memories, I didnt even know how to talk, so they taught me how to talk and be who I am now, I mean Garnet has always been the one to take care of me the most. So I guess she just sorta unofficially adopted me?" 'Chip explains looking down'

'Lapis stops and thinks for a moment before sitting down beside Chip, she looks from the ground to his right arm that is currently transformed into a nail gun of some sort'

Lapis: "So....I heard....somthing happened with you and Jasper too?" 'Lapis asks causing Chip to tense up, the wooden board in his left hand being violently crushed into splinters'

'Chip's shakes his head for a moment causing his eyes to flicker from Blue to Red and then back to Blue'

Chip: "She uh.....she poofed my mother right infront of me, then I was stuck in a mind scape with her trying to convince me I'm.....a lost Diamond or somthing..." 'Chip hesitantly says, his voice being much quieter'

'Lapis chuckles half heartedly before bringing her legs upto her chest'

Lapis: "Yeah I was stuck in a fusion with her for weeks on end"

Chip: "You know what I think you win" 'Chip says causing Lapis to snort loudly before covering her mouth muffling her tired but still amused laughter'

'Once Lapis calms down the two then sit in silence for a few moments unsure of how to continue the conversation'

Lapis: "You know. It's nice to have someone to talk to that can sort of understand what happened" 'Lapis says with a small smile forming on her face'

'Chip beeps in agreement, his eyes turning a dull green'

Lapis: "Are you always this agreeable?"

Chip: "Do you always wear shorts and a t-shirt?" 'Chip retorts with a raised eyebrow'

Lapis: "Fair point"

'Chip's eyes flicker for a moment before fully shutting off as his eyes slowly close'

'After  a moment of silence Lapis turns to Chip gently nudging him to see if he's awake'

'After no response Lapis rolls her eyes standing up to go get Garnet'

Garnet: "So? How'd it go?" 'Garnet asks startling Lapis as she walks out of the barn'

Lapis: "What do you mean?"

Garnet: "The talk. Do you feel any better now?"

Lapis: "Y-Yeah, I think it helped to talk about it" 'Lapis says softly'

Garnet: "He fell asleep didnt he?"

Lapis: "Yes, Yes he did" 'Lapis says chuckling'

'Garnet sighs shaking her head as she walks into the barn, Chip had fallen asleep mid work, his nail gun arm pressed against the wooden wall of the barn'

Garnet: "I swear. You will never learn to take care of yourself" 'Garnet says picking Chip up softly'

'As Garnet carries Chip out of the Barn a dull flicker of red sparks can be seen firing off of him, Once Garnet notices the sparks she sighs to herself before gently running her thumb over the half healed crack on Chip's face'

Garnet: "I suppose it's about that time again" 'Garnet says as the sparks erupt into bolts of red energy'

*To be continued*