(Chapter Five- A New Development)

'On the abandoned planet's surface one of the few forms of life left on the planet is a buzzard like bird, sitting on a rock over looking the scorched valley'

'The buzzard pecks the ground with its large beak a few times before suddenly looking up turning its head to the large valley as a large smoke cloud moves across the the valley'

'Within the cloud of smoke the large six legged vehicle can be seen charging forward, the front of the vehicle having dull dusty and cracked tinted windows'

'Chip can be seen sitting on top of it cheering loudly with his arms raised

Chip: "How you doin in there?" 'Chip asks loudly patting the side of the metallic beast'

Aurora: "This is AWESOME!" 'Aurora yells pulling down the radio above her, her hair and eyes turning a bright green color'

'Aurora is sitting in the large seat in the cockpit, a pair of levers having come up from the floor letting her controll the vehicle'

'A large button on the seat attracts Aurora's attention, a look of excitement crossing her face as she presses it'

'Infront of Chip the roof of the vehicle opens up as a large turret of some sort comes out of it, once the turret stops moving Chip stands up managing to climb into the seat of the turret grabbing a hold of the control system'

'Chip turns the turret for a moment until aiming at a large boulder, he presses down the fire button causing a large laser blast to fire out of the turret rocking the vehicle for a moment'

'Upon impact the laser explodes the rock leaving only a scorched crater left in its place'

Chip: "Woah...." 'Chip says slightly alarmed at the power of the weapon'

Aurora: "What? Did somthing happen?" 'Aurora asks with a hint of worry in her voice'

Chip: "No, I'm just slightly disturbed at the fire power the Metamorin's had, and this stuff must have been out dated by the time they vanished" 'Chip says aiming the turret again'

Aurora: "I know what you mean....I've been trying not to think about it" 'Aurora says with a sigh'

Chip: "You seem awfully more laid back than usual, everything allright?" 'Chip asks curiously'

Aurora: "Oh please, I know I dont have to do all that "Yes My Diamond" "Of Course My Diamond" stuff when it's just you and me" 'Aurora says with a chuckle'

'Chip smiles softly, before looking back up surveying the area'

Chip: "Atleast I can have one person treat me like I'm normal" 'Chip says earning another chuckle from Aurora'

Aurora: "What? You dont like being treated like royalty?" 'Aurora asks teasingly'

'Chip did enjoy the royal treatment to some extent, however it didnt feel right to him, he was not Blood Diamond, he was not raised as a Diamond, he is a Crystal Gem'

'Chip's hud begins flashing, a triangle shaped reticle catches his attention, Chip's eyes widen as he looks in the direction of the reticle'

Chip: "Aurora!" 'Chip says stumbling out of the turret, his hair begining to blow in the wind '

Aurora: "Yeah? What's....up" 'Aurora says her eyes widening aswell'

'In the distance a MASSIVE Sandstorm can be seen blowing in, the sandstorm would look like a wave of solid matter if it wasnt for the particles of sand flying through the air'

'Chip jumps down to the door managing to get inside as Aurora presses a button on one of the consoles causing the metallic blinds to begin closing over the cracked and scratched windows'

'Chip reaches the vault like door before wrenching it closed with a loud metallic bang as the wind begins to howl outside'

Aurora: "That thing came out of nowhere..." 'Aurora says in a slightly exasperated tone'

Chip: "I think it's because of the gravitational field... we couldnt detect it because it kept changing its altitude" 'Chip says with a sigh as he adjusts himself in the comparatively small space'

Aurora: "We may stuck here for a while.....without fuel our energy levels are going to fluctuate" 'Aurora says sitting down before looking back at Chip'

'Aurora chuckles to herself in clearly amused at the sight of the twenty five foot tall Diamond/Metamorin hybrid crouching down just to fit inside'

Aurora: "Are you sure you'll be comfortable like that?" 'Aurora asks chuckling lightly'

Chip: "Hold on I think I can...." 'Chip says cutting himself off'

'Chips gem glows blue before the glow spreads to the rest of his body, the glow begins to shrink before the glow fades slowly'

'Chip had reverted back to his Metamorin form now standing a total of five feet six inches tall'

'He was still wearing his Diamond outfit as it seemed to have shrunk with him, including his walking stick, his eyes have also returned to their normal black background'

Chip: "Huh, convenient" 'Chip says twirling his walking cane, Aurora stands looking at Chip with a pleasantly surpised grin on her face, her hair and eyes having turned a green color'

'Chip turns to Aurora a slightly shook look on his face as he does so'

'Having been the height he was he never got a good look at her, she looked almost exactly like a human aswell save for her galaxy like eyes and glowing hair'

'Now however his scanners noticed every detail, including the dull freckles on her face'

Aurora: "Oh my god you are sooooo small!" 'Aurora says giggling to herself quietly as she bends down to Chip's height'

Chip: "I-Im not small you're just a giant!" 'Chip says pointing his walking stick at Aurora, a light pink glow forming on the outside layer of his Blue Diamond eyes'

Aurora: "You're like a small peice of pie!" 'Aurora says with her glow growing even brighter, a bright smile being placed on her face'

'Chip stutters momentarily trying to form a proper response, as the pink glow spreads deeper into his eyes'

'Chip growls before placing a hand on his forehead with a sigh'

Chip: "This...is going to be a long wait..."

*To be continued*