Something's Up With Sonya Wolf

Sonya's POV~

The day started like any other, I got to school, saved poor Eli from getting stuffed into a locker and went to my first class: Algebra. Yay. I sat in the back of the class, watching with bored green eyes, I understood everything the teacher was telling, but the problem was . . . I was so bored. I was about ready to pull my hair out, it was the same information every day, and it was just getting hard-wired into our brains. I fiddled with my brown hair, more or less staring of into space, the teachers voice nothing more than white noise in the back round.

"Ms. Wolf!"

My head snapped to attention, my eyes zoning in on the teacher who was looking directly at me, my jaw clenched, my teeth grinding together, "Yes?" I asked.

"It seems to me that you are not paying attention." she held the marker up.

I peaked a brow, "Nah, I'm right here." I replied, assuring her I knew the material.

"Then I am sure you wouldn't mind doing this equation for us," she held out the marker to me.

I stood up and walked to the front of the class, "I do not mind at all." I popped the marker lid.

"She was daydreaming the while time," I heard Toby whisper from behind me, "there is no way she knows this."

I gave a soft scoff, walking up to the board, I then proceeded to solve the given equation swiftly and efficiently. After about a minute of squeaking the marker on the white board I pulled away, "And that is how you solve for X." I finished, pointing to the equation on the board.

"That . . . is very much correct," the teacher took the marker back, "thank you, Ms Wolf, please return to your seat."

I smiled kindly before returning to my seat. I passed Jim and Toby who stared at me with wide eyes, I looked at the two as I sat down,

"What?" I asked, picking up my mechanical pencil.

Jim peaked a brow, "What do you mean 'what?' Sonya, you were totally spaced out during the whole class, how did you know that?" he asked.

I opened my mouth to reply when the bell rang for the next class, I gathered my things--books, pencils, and so on. I shoved it all in my pack and I shouldered it before making my way out the door and down the hall. Toby and Jim came up beside me,

"Hey, you two." I greeted, making my way to the locker.

"You totally nailed that problem, Sonya!" toby exclaimed, "How did you do that? You were like, totally spaced out the whole class!"

We came to the lockers and I began working at the combination for mine, "I was paying attention," I retorted, focusing on the locker, "I just focus in a different way." I flat out lied just then, I couldn't tell them I'd already taken this level of math several times over.

I pulled open my locker and got out my Spanish text book before speaking, "I'll see you two and lunch?" I asked.

Toby and Jim both exchanged worried looks, "Yeah, sorry, Sonya," Jim began, "we have-"

"We're cutting the day short!" Toby interjected, "Yeah, Jimbo and I have this thing, this thing with his mom, who's a Doctor so . . ." he chuckled nervously.

I peaked a brow, slamming my locker shut, I then shrugged, "Meh, ok, fine by me." I brushed past them, "See ya." I began walking off, when suddenly a student tripped and nearly fell on me, I dodged in the blink of an eye, getting behind him and using one hand on his shirt collar to pull him to his feet. This kid was a senior, about twice my size he turned and stared at me with widened eyes.

"Watch your step." I simply said and walked off.

Third Person's POV~

Jim stared, seeing this all play out before him, "Tobes, did you see that?" he asked.

"That was like super crazy ninja skills or something!" Toby gaped watching Sonya walk off with a sway to her step.

Jim shouldered his back pack, "She pulled up and senior like it was nothing, and she acted totally chill as she did it to." he said.

"Yeah, she did it like it was nothing." Toby added before gasping, "You think she's a changeling? Maybe Arrgh was right!"

Jim picked the bridge of his nose, "You heard what Blinky said, Tobes," Jim retorted, "Gunmar isn't stupid, there is no way he'd plant another Changeling so close to me or my home, which--might I remind you--is where Draal hangs out, in my basement?" he began walking to thier next class.

"Yeah, you're probably right . . . " Toby mumbled, walking after him.

What both teens didn't know was that Sonya overheard them, she had taken a moment to sip from the water fountain and she had overheard them talk.

"Draal? Blinky?" she echoed their names, "Wait, those are . . ." she nearly choked on her water, before she shook off her shock.

Those were troll names . . . Sonya sighed before rushing off to her next class, shaking her head.