Alone with a Stone Skin

Sonya's POV~

I sat, perched up on the ledge of my den, looking down and my home as Loboans ran back and forth, my green eyes drifted left and I peaked a brow seeing a male Loboan hug his mate and pup before he joined my Brother, Rhigo on the daily hunt. The female shouted something that I couldn't quite catch, and she ran up to her mate, and licked his face, and hugged him one last time. I felt my heart sink and I looked down, truth be told I was a little lonely. My brother had a mate, Buck had a girlfriend and every young male was fawning over Daniel. I rested my muzzle on my folded hands as I looked out across the cavern, my tail curled up around my person.

I then looked over and saw my father conversing with Jim and Arrrgh about how to defend our den incase these Gumm-Gumms and the Hunter attack again, and they will if history proves anything at all. I lowered my eyes and watched Loboans interact with one another, laughing pups tussling and playing in their dens with their mother's watching, male Loboans sharpening swords and axes, or repairing their huts with their mates beside them.

I reached up and touched the earrings in my big ear, feeling the cool metal before closing my eyes. If the Hunter attacked again, I would make sure it would be his last hunt. I clenched up my fists and my muzzle wrinkled up, revealing my fangs,

"I'll kill him  . . ." I told myself, "I'll kill him for what he did to my mother . . ." I shut my eyes and growled into my balled up knees.

I sniffled a little bit, and my nose caught the scent of a familiar troll, I then realized Draal wasn't down there with Papa, Jim and Arrrgh.

"I thought you may be up here."

I groaned internally, before looking over my shoulder, seeing Draal approach, "What are you doing here?" I asked in a soft voice, my ears tipping back a little bit.

Draal sat next to me, and huffed, "I should be asking you that." he turned to me, his eyes glowing lightly, "You should be down there," he pointed down to my father, who let out a hearty laugh and slapped Jim on the back, "with your father."

I hummed softly and looked away, "He has it under control, if Papa needs my help, he'll ask." My tail lashed a little bit.

Draal looked down, then looked at me, "You love him, don't you?" he asked.

I felt my skin heat under my mahogany pelt at the word 'love', "Papa? Yes, of course I love-" I froze, realizing what was going on, "Oh . . . Draal." I lifted my head from my knees.

Draal's gaze lowered, "My father distanced himself from me in order to keep me safe," he lifted up his mechanical arm, "but now . . . he only speaks to the Trollhunter through the Soothscryer."

My tail quivered before I bit my lip, "Draal, I-"

Draal lowered his arm, and his shoulders slumped, "Even in the Void, my father still thinks of me as a failure."

"That's a lie!" I barked at him.

Draal froze, and looked at me bewildered, "Uhhh . . .?"

I pinned back my ears, and ignored his stunned look, "Sorry about the outburst, but listen to me. I may not know Kanjigar, but judging by your skill in battle, your good morals, your loyalty to Jimmy . . ." I licked my lips, "Your father's probably very proud of you." I looked away, my ears flickering back and forth.

Draal peaked a brow before a smirk pulled at his lips, "Thanks, puppy." he looked at me.

"Do not call me that in front of Papa," I growled, focusing on that rather then that ramble, "he will hold it over my head for the rest of my life." I grumbled.

Draal chuckled, before he snorted softly. I pinned my ears back, as my tail coiled around my body, that's when I felt something touch my hand. I dared to glance down and I internally freaked out. Draal's pinky rested over my palm. I gulped and looked out across the cavern.

"In all honesty, Sonya," he looked at me, "thank you, I did need that." he smiled at me.

My ears perked up before I growled lowly, "You're welcome, Draal." a smiled formed on my long muzzle.