Meeting the Gang . . . and Nearly Getting Killed

Third Person's POV~

Jim walked into the Forge, followed by Toby and Claire. The huge cavern spanded above their heads, surrounded by the statues of the Trollhunters before them: Kanjigar the Courageous, Unkar the Unfortunate, Deya the Deliverer and so on. . .

"Ah, Master Jim!"

Jim looked up to see none other than Blinky, Arrrgh and Draal waiting for them, ready for the day's training.

"Heya, Blink." Jim waved.

The four-armed, Six-eyed Troll walked up to him, "Draal has told us about this hound that attacked you, are you alright?" he asked, grabbing his shoulders.

"I'm fine, Blinky, really." Jim assured, smiling awkwardly.

Blinky let him go and rubbed his chin, "This is the second inceident with this creature within a week," he rubbed his chin with one of his four hands, "surely this creature is turning into a problem." he began pacing back and forth.

"O-ok," Calrie stepped in, "well, what do we know so far?"

Draal snorted, "Not much," he folded his arms, his metal one creaking slightly, "a few giant canine tracks, which look like werewolf tracks but they were not," he shook his head, his massive rack of horns moving with his skull.

"Uh, question," Toby spoke up, "Draal, you keep saying it looks like a werewolf but it's not." Toby scratched the back of his neck, "But uh, how can you tell it's not a werewolf?" he asked.

Draal chuffed like a bull, his nostrils flaring. The blue troll looked to Blinky who began speaking,

"Werewolves are a violent race," the six-eyed troll explained, "they haven't been seen since the 1800's, but the stories still remained."

"Stories?" Jim echoed, confused.

"Bloody kills," Draal elaborated, "Werewolves were bent on the sole purpose of feasting on human flesh and using their bones to form weapons." he snorted.

Everyone gave Draal a wide-eyed look, hearing such violent words from this troll wasn't uncommon but at times . . . Draal just had bad timing.

Draal became slightly timid at their stunned looks, he hunched his shoulders, "What? It is true." he said, peaking a brow.

Blinky glared at him, "True, though I would not use such brash words, Draal." he gave the buffer Troll and unamused glare.

"I was simply being honest!" Draal defended, shrugging.

Jim, ignoring Draal for a moment, spoke up, "Ok, ok, but how do you know this creature isn't a werewolf? I mean, the pointed ears? Tail? The tracks?" he listed.

"Dead." Arrrgh's deep voice caught Jim's attention.

The young boy looked to the huge troll, "Uh, what?" he asked with wide eyes.

"Arrrgh is correct, Master Jim," Blinky added, "werewolves are brutal killers, savages who do not fear to attack in the open. You would be dead if this was indeed a werewolf." he explained.

Claire spoke, "Wait, isn't the whole full moon thing real?" she asked, peaking a thin brow.

"Very." Draal walked over to the weapons' rack and pulled up an axe, "Werewolves normally remain human, but on the full moon the assume their demonic man/wolf forms and wreak unbridled havoc on innocent people." he began sharpening his axe on his metal arm.

"So . . . if this was a werewolf," Toby spoke up, "we would be dead."

Draal only nodded, before turning his attention to Jim, "Shall we begin, Trollhunter?" he asked, brandishing his axe blade.