The Tail! DUN-DUN-DUNNNNN!

Sonya's POV~

Once we arrived in TrollMarket, the two of us instantly made our way to Blinky's Library. I rubbed my arm before inching my way over to a stack of books, feeling very out of place and awkward. I reached out and grabbed one of the leather bound books and pulled it close. I began reading the book through, soon realizing it was a book on healing herbs.

Knowing my way around the subject, I assumed my Loboan form and began reading. My tail swishing across the cold stone floor. The lantern light created some warmth to my back as I read. My eye flickered up upon seeing Arrrgh staring down at my tail,

"Can I help you?" I asked, peaking a brow.

Arrrgh reached out and poked my tail, making it twitch, "Heh-heh. Fluffy." he said in his low rumbling voice.

My tail flicked again, "Ok . . ." I resumed reading, my large fingers running over the worn over pages.

My ear flickered upon hearing a soft chittering noise, my head snapped up, "What was that?" I asked.

Blinky looked up from his reading, "Hmm, by the sound of it, I'd say . . ."

"Gnome." Arrrgh replied.

I looked around, closing the book, taking note that Draal had left. Thank the Wolf God. I stood up and walked over to Blinky, handing him the book,

"Where is Jim? and the other two?" I asked in a low rumbling voice, her ears pinned back.

"Alas," Blinky sighed, turning to me, "Master Jim, Claire and Tobias are attending to their education at Arcadia Oaks High. They will not be here until this afternoon." he explained.

I gave a deep sigh, "So be it," I then looked around the space, "You need help with anything while I'm here?" I asked.

"Actually," Blinky held up one of his four hands, walking over to another stack of books, "I could use some assistance in decoding these." he gave me some tombs, ancient books.

"These are ancient Loboan texts that I have been spending hours upon hours attempting to decrypt but to no avail." he looked up at me, "will you assist me?" he asked, his six eyes blinking hard.

I sighed and nodded, "My ancient Loboan is rusty, but I shall give it a shot." I set the books down and opened the first.

"Thank you, so much, Ms. Wolf!" Blinky exclaimed, "This means a great deal to me!"

"Yeah, yeah . . ." I waved it off dismissively. I propped my muzzle up on my palm and began reading, my ears pinned back, the rings in my ears clinked as I sighed. Grasping bits and pieces of the text before me, "Huh, what the hell?"

"What is it?" Blinky asked, walking over.

"This passage," I pointed to the scribbles, "it keeps on referring to 'Child of the Moon' but that is nothing in my culture." I shrugged, "I haven't heard of this 'Child of the Moon'. Neither have my littermates." I rubbed my muzzle.

"Quite curious." Blinky deduced, rubbing his chin.

My tail thrashed back and forth as I continued reading, my ears flickered as my fingers dragged down the pages, the writing scratchy and hard to read.

The skittering of the gnomes didn't help either. After some time, I gave a frustrated sigh, I slammed my fist down, and looked up,

"What does that passage mean?" I rubbed the fur on my head.

Suddenly, something bit down on my tail, it felt like someone sprang a mouse trap on my tail. I shot up and stumbled back, "Ow!" I lifted up my tail, revealing a gnome biting at my thick bushy tail. I bared my teeth,

"Do I look like a meal to you?!" I grabbed the gnome and threw it across the room.

The roaring laughter filled my sensitive ears. I whirled around seeing Draal nearly on the wooden floor laughing, "Oh, what a laugh! A great Loboan, bested by vermin! Hahaha!" he held his chest with his good arm.

I felt anger bristle up in my chest and I barked, "Oh, look who's laughing," I folded my arms, "it's the thick-skulled stone skin who somewhat got his arm cut off." I spat.

Draal's laughter died instantly and he glared at me, "Are you pleading for a beating, puppy?" he walked up to me.

"Last time I checked, I beat you, Stone Skin." I pressed my muzzle to his nose, grinning.

Draal put his hand to my throat, "Oh, I'd like to make amends to that, Puppy." he grinned.

My tail lashed back and forth, "Call me puppy one more time, and I put your head through the nearest wall." I snarled.

Blinky looked to Arrrgh, "this does not bode well."