...WHAT?!

Sonya's POV~

"WHAT!?"

I winced, hearing Clarie's horrified exclamation. Blinky was explaining to the others about this whole Death Under Moon's Light thing to them, and they weren't taking it well at all.

Toby held his head, "I thought that prophecy stuff was nonsense!" he exclaimed.

"Sonya's gonna die?" Arrrgh asked, hearing this news for the first time as well.

I stood in the corner, watching it all unfold, my arms folded over my chest as Draal stood beside me. As I watched the kids worry and panic, Draal's hand began rubbing my back comfortingly. I sent him a kind smile before I looked back to the kids, my ears locking back on my skull.

"There has to be a way we can prevent this from happening," Jim reasoned, "a loophole or something."

"R-right!" Cleared added, scrambling to find anything that would help my predicament, "A way to cheat the prophecy." She looked to Blinky, "Can you read it to us?" she asked.

I felt my heart sink at her woods. A way to cheat fate? Tsk! Good luck, no one can cheat it. I've simply accepted that I'm going to die, and I wanted to enjoy what little time I had left with Draal, and the others.

"Certainly." Blinky replied to Claire, fetching the leather bound, old book, he opened to the page and began to read, "Loboan Child, one of brown fur, and emerald stone, shall bleed to death beneath moon's light, before rising to great heights."
​​​​Claire began pacing back and forth, rubbing her chin, her wide eyes narrowed in concentration, "Wait, wait," she looked up, "it says 'bleed to death beneath moon's light'" she turned to me, "so . . . the prophecy can't come to pass if you're under moon light."

I peaked a brow, "So basically I have to live the rest of my life underground?" I asked, folding my arms.

"That is not such a horrid fate to be confined to." Blinky reasoned.

I lowered my head, before sitting down, "Look," I sighed deeply, taking a moment to find the words, "telling a Loboan to avoid moonlight is like . . . telling Jim to get rid of the sword of Daylight. Or," I turned to Arrrgh, "telling Arrrgh not to be a total sweetheart. It can't be done." I lowered my gaze, "I've accepted my fate, and I don't want to try and cheat it, lest I make the suffering all that more worse."

Draal stared at me with widened eyes, as did everyone else. Toby bit his lip, "Of course we're gonna keep trying to cheat fate! You're our friend, Sonya, and we don't wanna see you die."

I sighed, running a hand over my head, before letting if fall to my lap. "Guys . . ." I trailed off.

Jim ran at me and hugged me, "I won't let you die." He said, burying his face in my neck, "As the Trollhunter, it's my job to protect my loved ones. I won't let anything happen to you." He sniffled, his fingers tangling in the fur around my mane.

I rested my hand on his back and sighed deeply, before Claire and Toby joined the hug. I wrapped the three children up in my arms and held them in a hug.

"We're not gonna let anything bad happen." Toby assured.

"We promise." Claire finished.

The three of them pulled away, except for Jim. The young boy reached up and held my muzzle in his hands, "C'mon, Sonya," he forced a small, sad smile, "Where's that smile?"

I chuckled softly, "You're an odd one, Jimmy," I then held up my paws, "C'mere!" I snagged him and began ruffling up his hair.

"Ah! No! Hahahaha!" he struggled against my arm, laughing.

I watched him laugh, feeling a smile creep onto my snout. I then let Jim go and I patted his head, before standing up. I heaved a deep sigh, taking in the strong scents around me. Before opening my eyes and putting my hands on my hips,

"Alright." I cleared my throat, "Let's get some training done, eh?"