Meeting Dad

Sonya's POV~

I stood in the darkness, the only source of light coming from Kanjigar's glowing form and the glowing eyes of the statues overhead. I looked around, before speaking, "So, this is the Void . . . interesting."

Kanjigar spoke, his voice a distorted echo, "You are the only other besides Arrrgh to enter this space." He moved around me, his image blurred for a moment, before he came to a standstill behind me. I turned to him, my ears slowly pinning back, seeing his hard, cold gaze.

"So, is there a reason why you called me here?" I asked, feeling my muscles tense with each passing moment. The tip of my tail flickered with anticipation.

Kanjigar growled, "This!" he gestured to the left, where a cloud of smoke billowed up from the distorted, ever-shifting floor. Slowly, an image became clear in the swirling smoke. And that's when my heart dropped, it was an image of me leaning forward and kissing Draal for the first time.

"Uh. . ." I had no words. This was it, I'm gonna get chewed out by an overprotective dad ghost!

"In a thousand years," Kanjigar began, "there has never been a love between a Troll and Loboan!" he yelled.

The statues concurred with whispy voices,

"A mockery of tradition!"

"A Loboan and Troll cannot love!"

"This is heresy!"

I folded my arms, and looked to Kanjigar, as the voice faded, "You feel the same way?" I asked, feeling a lump form in my throat.

"You are no troll, and you are not worthy of my son!" Kanjigar got nearer, and nearer to me.

I backed up, my ears locking back, "Kanjigar, Draal loves me, for me!" I retorted.

"He is my son!" Kanjigar retorted.

My intimidation, turned to annoyance, "And you're his father!" I roared, puffing up my chest to give the image that I was bigger than I actually was, "And as a father you should support your son, not shun him! Like you did before you died!" I beard my teeth.

"I did it for his own protection!" Kanjigar roared, snorting.

I lowered my tone, a growl lacing my voice, "Yet you deprived him from the love he deserves." I huffed softly, "I love him. More than anything." I said, my voice cracking, "I'd die a thousand times over fo him." I pointed to my chest, "Loboan's honor, upon my mother's grave, I will never do your son a wrong. I love him." I gasped softly, my tone strained.

Kanjigar had no words, he only sighed, and held up a hand. There was a brilliant flash of light, before I felt the cold surface of the Forge's floor on my face.

"Sonya?"

I opened my eyes, and blinked a few times, seeing Draal leaning over me, his expression laced with worry. I grunted softly and sat up.

"What did my father say?" he asked, peaking a brow.

I sighed, rubbing the back of my neck, "We . . . had a chat, some things were said but . . ." I let my hand fall in my lap, "Most of it was about you, actually."

"Me?" Draal peaked a brow in confusion.

I stood up on shaky legs and spoke, "Yeah, it was about what's better for you. Kanjigar wasn't too ok with . . . us." I looked away, "He thinks I don't love you."

"That's a lie." Draal held my shoulder, "I do not need proof of your love." He rested his head on mine, "I love you."

I smiled, nuzzling into him, "I love you too."

"Oh, my gosh!"

I looked over seeing everyone smiling at us coyly, I gave an annoyed sigh as Draal growled.

"Show some restraint, you two." Blinky chided playfully.

I rolled my eyes and snarled thickly, "Blinky, I swear-"

I was stopped short as Draal held my arm, giving it a comforting squeeze, "They aren't worth it." he smiled at me.

Just as I was about to calm down, I hear Toby,

"Oh, I so ship it."

"Agreed." Jim chuckled.

I wrenched my arm free, "I'm gonna hurt you!" I roared.

"Scatter!" Jim yelled, even though he was laughing.