Hunters

Sonya's POV~

I pulled my form out of the pond, and shook out my huge coat. I scratched my ears before getting dressed rather quickly, I felt skittish and vulnerable. Which was understandable, since I was practically spied on by that . . . that . . . moronic stone skin. I reverted back into my human form and looked around the sunlit forest and gave a content sigh. I put my sopping wet hair up in a bun and put my hands up on my hips,

"Ok, now, back to Trollmarket and. . . " I felt my face get red, "hopefully not make things even more awkward with the blue moron." I sighed and began walking through the woods, humming to myself.

The hum turned into a whistle and my striding walk had gained a little bounce to it's step. I giggled, feeling my bare feet in the grass, I whistled happily as I jumped onto a rock and then jumped off.

I felt my blood begin to pump fast and hot through my veins, my heart began pounding fast. My nerves quivered, and my hands began twitching as I broke into a sprint. Don't ask me why I am, I just feel like it. I sprinted back to the bridge, and slid down to the underside of the bridge and opened a portal into Trollmarket.

Once in Trollmarket, I made my way to the library, where I saw everyone gathered around, I passed by Draal and I leaned over to him, "We speak of what happened to no-one." I hissed.

Draal looked at me, "Of course." he replied.

I then walked over to the others, "So, what's going on?" I asked.

Blinky slid a book over to me and I leaned over it, "We are doing research, Ms. Wolf, on Hunters."

I gazed at the writings in the book, and I flipped a page, and I sighed deeply, "Hunters . . ." I felt a lump form in my throat a little bit.

"What can you tell us about them?" Claire asked, "Maybe, if we combine your knowledge with our research we can find a weakness." she offered.

"Excellent idea, Claire!" Blinky exclaimed.

All eyes were then on me. I sighed, and sat down, I pinched the bridge of my nose, and ran a hand over my wet hair. I took a deep breath and began speaking, "Hunters . . . ok, where to start." I clicked my tongue and folded may hands, "In the war for Killahead Bridge, the Loboans and the Trolls made an alliance, on the fact that if Gunmar won, we'd all be wiped out. Jerome made a pact with Deya the Deliverer and an alliance was formed. At first, it seemed that with the Loboans' power, they could win." I sighed, my hands falling on the desk, "But . . . Gunmar took some of his finest Changelings, true heartless killers and modified them to . . . hunt my people."

Draal huffed, "What sort of modifications?" he asked.

I didn't meet his gaze, "Weapons, laced with obsidian. Arrows, axes, swords, knives . . . you name it." I answered.

"Wait, why obsidian?" Toby asked.

I wringed out my hands, and began sweating, "Well, Obsidian is far more damaging to Loboans than any other element. It always has been." I let my head head on my open hand, "The alliance was broken and the Loboans retreated into the mountain ranges all over the world, never to be seen by human, or Troll eyes again." I sighed, finishing up the story.

Jim peaked a brow, "So, if these Hunters are always holding obsidian . . . is there some kinda element that has a negative reaction to it?" he asked.

"I shall get to work, immediately!" Blinky began searching through books, along with the help of Claire and Arrrgh.

I watched them then sighed and let my head rest on the desk. Jim looked at me, "You ok, Sonya?" he asked.

I lifted my head, "All the Hunters have, supposedly, died out centuries ago. This one . . . it must've come from the Darklands . . ." I held my head, "and it . . . it . . ."

"Killed your mother . . ." Toby finished, his face turning into one of concern.

"Exactly." I stood up, and bared my teeth, my vision tinted red, "and I swear upon the grave of my mother, and my ancestors . . . I will not rest until I rip that sadistic bastard's head clean from his shoulders and stick it on a poll for Gunmar to see." I slammed my fist down on the desk.

Everyone stared at me, before I felt Arrrgh's huge hand pat my head, "Vengeance not healthy." he rumbled.

"Arrrgh is correct," Blinky turned to me, a book in each of his four hands, "revenge can be a blinding motivation, Ms. Wolf. Do not let it consume you." he advised.

I felt my hands ball up into fists, "What if it was your mother?!" I retorted, my heart in my throat, "That phsyco stabbed me in the ribs, murdered my mother, and cut off the ear of my younger brother!" I slammed my fist down again, "I don't care how many times I get stabbed, or wounded, I will kill it! Not matter what it takes!" I snarled and stormed off, brushing past Draal.

Third Person's POV~

Draal blinked, watching Sonya storm off, "Uh . . ." he looked to the others.

"Ok, that was unexpected as it was terrifying." Jim noted.

Blinky lowered his gaze, "I believe the fault falls upon me, I sparked the anger." he sighed, "She is right, I do not know how she feels."

Claire put a comforting hand on Blinky's shoulder, "Blinky, do not blame yourself." she told him, "Everyone takes loss differently. Sonya's . . ."

"She chooses rage over actual grief." Draal rumbled, "It's easier to be enraged, then to cry." he sighed, "I would know."

Jim pinched the bridge of his nose, "C'mon Draal, we better check on her before she hurts herself." he summoned his armor and began walking off.

Draal peaked a brow, "Why choose me?" he asked, already feeling flustered about for before.

Jim looked at him, "Cause if this goes south, I'll need someone stronger than me to drag her back here." he reasoned.

Draal sighed as he followed, "She is strong enough to throw me across the Forge." he reasoned, not really wanting to deal with an angry Sonya at the moment.

Jim turned to him, "And she can take me in her jaws and shake me like a rag doll, we'll call it even. C'mon."

Draal groaned, "Deya's Grace . . ."