A Sibling's Love is One to Treasure

Sonya's POV~

I just stared at Draal with widened, tear-filled eyes. His words echoing in my brain. He thinks I'm magnificent? I was quick to shake it off, and I assumed my Loboan form, I cleared my throat and brushed the tears from my eyes.

"If it's all the same to you, I'll be heading to bed now." I told him, keeping my composure, despite the face that tears still ran down my fur-covered face.

Draal blinked before nodding and speaking in an ushered tone, "Yes, of course." He patted my arm reassuringly, "It will get better, Sonya." he said.

I pinned my ears, "I pray you are right." I then walked out of the forge, and was met with my brother, who was close in his Loboan form. His sandy brown coat seemed to be illuminated by the lanterns and glowing crystals that clung to every square inch of the cavern walls.

"Come now." Rhigo wrapped an arm around me, "Let's get some rest, eh?" he asked, rubbing my ear.

I pinned my ears as we came to a small side cave, with an animal skin on the floor. I instantly collapsed onto it and curled up in a ball, shivering. Rhigo hummed and laid down with his head resting on the top of mine and his arm flopped lazily over my shoulder. I rolled my eyes, classic Rhigo, no sense of personal space.

"Remember the puppy piles?" Rhigo asked as he rolled over onto his back, and looked up at the crystals above us.

I gave a soft laugh, tucking my arm under my head for support, "Yeah. It'd made bad time interesting, to say the least."

Rhigo chuckled, "Ah, you and I always fought for the best spot." he looked over at me, "Remember that?"

I nodded once before heaving a big sigh, "Then Mama would grab our ears and pull us apart." I felt a new set of tears fill my eyes and I buried my muzzle in my arms.

"Aw, Sonyalanda . . ." Rhigo sat up and held my shoulder, "Oh, C'mere." he picked me up and pulled my to his chest in a hug, "Shhh . . ." he nuzzled my ear with his muzzle as he rubbed my shaking back.

I buried my face into my Brother's huge main of fur and sobbed hard, my body shaking, "I should've . . ." I hiccuped, enable to speak any words.

"Sonyalanda," Rhigo pulled me back and lapped away my tears with his large, rough tongue, "there was nothing you could've done to prevent it or change the outcome." He held my muzzle in his huge hands, "C'mon, where's that rough and tough Sonyalanda I know?" he asked, a sad smile pulling at his muzzle.

I looked away, "She's not here . . ." I sniffled, my tail curling around my form.

Rhigo heaved a deep sigh, "Well, get some rest then."

I nodded and eased myself down on the animal skin, my watery eyes half shut as I felt sleep creep over me. Rhigo leaned down and nuzzled my arm,

"Good night, my world-traveling sister." He then flopped down onto me, his muzzle resting on my head. I couldn't help but smile at his actions as sleep began claiming me, Rhigo would always be Rhigo.

Third Person~

Draal was on his way to Blinky's library, his face felt like it was made of molten magma. What was wrong with him?! Saying such a bold thing to her in that emotional state? Draal mentally kicked himself for being such a complete rock-for-brains. Draal then froze, he slowly looked to his left and saw Arrrgh and Blinky staring into a small side cave.

Draal trudged over, "What are the two of you-"

"Shhh!" Blinky hushed Draal, before pointing into the cavern, "Look." a kind smile pulled at his lips.

"Puppy pile." Arrrgh rumbled, chuckling.

Draal peaked a brow and shoved past them, and what he saw made his stone heart melt. Sonya was curled up on an animal skin, with Rhigo lazily flopped over her, snoring.

Sonya looked so peaceful, while her younger, yet taller, brother snored and drooled, mumbling random things in his sleep. Draal let out a soft chuckle before reaching up to the cloth,

"Let Sleeping Loboans Lie." He said lowly, pulling the curtain before the cavern entrance, leaving the siblings to sleep soundly.