Moon's Child

Sonya's POV~

        Once in Trollmarket, Draal and I agreed it would be best if we kept the lovey-dovey stuff to a minimum. It would be best for the team, and for us. We came into Blinky's library, only to find him in a frenzied craze, running here and there, tossing books left and right.

I blinked once, as my large Loboan ears flickered, "Uh, Blinky . . .? Is everything alright?" I asked, taking a step forward.

"No, no, no . . ." Blinky seemed to ignore me as he ran about in a muttering frenzy.

I glanced at Draal who simply shrugged, before smirking, "All yours, puppy." he nudged my hip with a hand.

I pinned my ears at him, before walking over to the seemingly panicked Blinky. I grabbed his shoulder and shook him, "Hey! Blinky!"

Blinky froze, before seeming to snap himself out of it, "Ms. Wolf. . ." he cleared his throat before he seemed to settle, "Unfortunately, my crazed-endued state is not of a positive result." he explained, moving over to a leather bound book I knew all too well.

"Hey, isn't that one of those books I helped you decode a while back?" I asked, walking over.

Blinky nodded as he set the book down on the table, the lanterns swaying overhead, "I've managed to decrypt most of this passage, the one that refers to the 'Child of the Moon'."

My ears perked up as I leaned over the page, "You did?" I smirked.

"Do not look so joyous, Ms. Wolf," he pointed to the passage, "This passage is a doomsday warning."

My ears slowly pinned back, as Draal spoke "That does not sound good." he looked at me, taking in my wide-eyed expression.

"Ms. Wolf?" Blinky asked, looking at me, "Is there something amiss?" he asked.

I braced myself up on the table, before I sighed deeply, "In hour history, Chief Jerome, the one who was killed by Gunmar, he possessed the rare and valued gift of for-sight. He could see glimpses into the future."  I lifted a finger and placed it down on the paper, growling, "His visions, according to history, were never wrong." she sighed.

Blinky's expression grew far more darker, "Then this does not bode well, not at all," he then, leaned over the page and quoted, "Loboan Child, one of brown fur, and emerald stone, shall bleed to death beneath moon's light, before rising to great heights." he looked up at me.

I stumbled back, and was only stopped by Draal's hand to my back, "Easy." he soothed.

I panted, "T-that's me . . ." I mumbled softly, "Brown fur? Emerald stone?" T-that's me . . ." I reached out for anything to support myself. Draal was right there, his hands on my sturdy shoulders,

"Sonya, are you ok?" he asked in a soft voice.

I blinked a few times before rubbing my muzzle with a hand, "Oy . . ." I then looked to Draal and Blinky, taking in their worried expressions, I then sighed, "I . . . don't . . ." I groaned and held my head, "this is . . .about me?" I asked.

Blinky nodded, "Apparently so."

I scratched my ear before folding my arms over my chest, "I . . . need a minute." I turned and walked out of the Library and into troll market.

I knew what those words of Jerome meant, I was going to die. Bleed to death beneath moon's light. I wasn't afraid of death, but . . . knowing my days were numbered was . . . unsettling.

"Sonya!"

I peaked a brow and turned seeing Draal run up to me, he then took my hand, "This way." he urged. I let Draal drag me through Bones Alley, down to the gyre station, a place where we could be alone, away from prying eyes and listening ears.

"What is it?" I asked, my heart racing in my throat. I felt my scarred up hands shake, and my ears flickering, obvious signs of anxiety and nerves.

Draal gently took my hands in his, "Sonya, you were just told that you are going to die," his thumbs rubbed over my hands comfortingly, "that cannot have gone down as easily as you made it look." his fire-like eyes met mine.

I lowered my muzzle to him, "You're right, I made it look cool." I looked down, "It's not that I fear death it . . ." I trailed off.

Draal's breath hitched at my words before he reached up and cupped my snout in his hands, "Sonya, there is one thing, above all things, I fear."

I peaked a brow inquisitively, waiting for the finish.

"Loosing you." he stroked my head, his thumb running over my ear, sending pleasant shivers down my spine.

I sighed, and looked at him, "D-Draal I . . ." I shut my eyes, "I don't want to be victim to someone else's story." I felt tears prick my eyes, "I already faced down Gunmar, he gave me this," I pointed to the scar on my forehead, "I've fallen for the kindest soul," I looked at him lovingly, "I don't want this to end."

Draal grabbed my face before he planted a kiss on my muzzle, "Then it won't," he assured, stroking my head, "I won't let anything happen to you, my love, I swear it."

I leaned into him, my muzzle nuzzled against his skin, "Thank you."

Third Person's POV~

Draal felt Sonya's warm breath on his chest, sending shivers up and down his spine. He then rested his good arm on the back of her head, running his fingers through her soft fur. He'd always found her fur soft and thick and warm, it was always warm. Draal let Sonya rest against him, her full weight of her muscled body against his, Draals brows furrowed as he realized Sonya was shaking very badly.

"Oh, Sonya . . ." Draal heaved a sigh as he rocked her back and forth.

Sonya pulled away and sniffled a little bit, "I'm ok." she rubbed one of her muscular arms, "I'm ok." she assured him, though it sounded like she was mostly assuring herself.

Draal held her hand in his, rubbing her palm comfortingly, "You are never alone, know that." he assured, "Your father told me to protect you, after we left the Black Mountains, and I keep my promises."

Sonya nodded, and blinked a few times before she rolled her eyes, "Oh, man, the kids aren't gonna like this." she smiled softly.

Draal let out a husky chuckle, "I would assume so."