Piercings

Trollmarket, Sonya's POV~

We soon returned to Trollmarket, through a Za-ap Rhigo had opened for us. Once there, I decided I needed some time alone and I moved away, to a dark corner in Trollmarket, with a parcel in hand. I sat on a rock, and set the parcel in my lap, with shaking hands I lifted the leather and my eyes widened.

Six beautiful daggers lay nestled in the leather. The blades forged of silver, steel and a hint of Obsidian. The hilts were made of red wood wrapped in leather. I held up one knife, letting it's blade shimmering in the light of the lanterns.

"Whoa, sick knives!"

My ears perked up and I turned, seeing the whole gang staring at me. I felt my cheeks heat beneath my fur in embarrassment, "Thank you." I said.

"Is this the gift Granite spoke off?" Blinky asked, peaking a brow.

"Yes," I then pulled out a leather belt with six sheaths attached, "these are called Fighter Knives," I murmured, "my father has a set as did . . . my mother." I cleared my throat as I put the belt on and sheathed the six knives, three to my left hip, another three to my right.

"It suits you." Jim noted, walking up to me.

I looked down at the knives, "I suppose they do, huh?" I then cleared my throat, "I wanted to thank you all for coming to my homeland with me."

Claire walked up to me, "Of course. That's what friends are for, right?"

I smiled down at her, then patted her head, "Yeah, they are."

"Awww!" Toby exclaimed, "Group hug!" He ran over and jumped onto me in a hug, Claire following.

Jim joined the hug as well. I winced a little bit, but managed a small chuckle, "Easy, there, I do have a stab wound, remember?" I chuckled.

"Oh . . ." Toby rubbed the back of his neck, "sorry, Sonya."

"It's alright." I assured.

Le Time Skip, that night.

It was late at night when I made my way through woods to Jim's home. My flank ached, as I walked. I was in my human form, so I wouldn't have to walk in shadow and hide from the locals. Soon, I came to the fence around Jim's house and I clambered over the fence. I landed in the soft grass and I snuck across the lawn to the basement window. I reached down and opened it, before sliding inside, I landed on the cold floor. My bare feet making a soft thud, I closed the window and sighed, holding my rib.

"Well, well, look who survived."

I looked over seeing Draal munching on coals, he looked up at me and smirked.

I rolled my eyes, "There has to be an easier way to sneak into the basement."  I mumbled, brushing some hair from my eyes. I then winced in pain, holding my flank, "Ow . . ."

Draal stood, and walked over, "How is the pain?" he asked.

I popped my shoulder, "Better." I replied, before sitting down, I looked up as the moon shone through the small window. Draal looked out to the moon before moving back to the fire,

"That was some blow you took." He noted, referring to the wound I had suffered.

I reached over and clutched it, my eyes half shut, "Believe me," I sighed deeply, "compared to the wounds others have suffered, this is nothing." I rested my head on my palm, my thumb touching the two earrings in my ears, my finger brushing over the stone in my nose.

"Those piercings," Draal gained my attention, "how did you get them?" he asked, his tone soft.

I shifted in my seat and looked out at the moon, "Each one represents an accomplishment." I pointed to my earrings, "The first one I got when I was a pup, saving my sister during a thunder storm. I got Red Fever from it." I chuckled at the memory.