The Hunter Strikes!!!

Sonya's POV~

I was in one of the many forge side caves that littered my home cavern, working on a sword. The roar of the furnace heated my fur, as I pounded away at a the glowing slab of metal. I had taken my shirt off, leaving my sports bra covering my muscled, furry body. My well-worked hands gripped the clamp as I hammered away.

"Sonya?"

I looked over my shoulder, seeing Jim walk in hesitantly, I chuckled and stopped hammering for a moment, "Hey, Jim." I huffed, brushing soot from my arm, "What brings you here?" I asked.

Jim leaned to the right and his eyes widened, "I didn't know you knew how to forge weapons." he noted, looking up at me.

I turned to the slap of metal and picked it up with the clamps, "Consider it a hobby. All Loboans learn how to work the forge at some point." I doused the glowing metal in water, steam plumping up in a cloud. I reached in and pulled out the cooled metal before walking over to a shelving unit made of wood where I grabbed a stone and I sat on an anvil and began sharpening the metal.

Jim walked over and watched me work, "Sonya, about you mom," he cleared his throat, "I'm sorry about that."

I froze, and sighed, then looked up to him, "You got nothing to be sorry for, Jim." I returned to sharpening my blade, my ears pinned back as I worked.

Jim watched me work for a few moments, his armor glowing in the light of the forge's flames, he then opened his mouth, "How do you think the Hunter and the Gumm-Gumms will attack again?" He then looked over to a rack of axes, "You dad says they'll try a direct assault." he added.

"Sounds about right." I replied, "They have no more reason to hide, if they get past the Guardians, then they will attack us directly." I lowered my eyes, "A lot of these Loboans are mothers with cubs, it'll be like lambs to the slaughter."

Jim winced at my sentence, "Well, if it helps, your father has created a safe cavern for the mothers and pups." he noted.

I looked up at him, "It doesn't-" I was cut off as a howl echoed through the cavern. My ears snapped up to attention, and I dropped my half-made sword, my eyes going wide.

"What was that?!" Jim demanded, as he summoned his armor and Daylight.

I stood up, my hands twitching as I reached over to the weapon's rack and grabbed a spear and sword, "That was one of our scouts," my ears slowly pinned to my skull, "they're here. C'mon!" I ran out of the forge and into the open, and I was met with absolute panic.

I saw our Loboan soldiers trying to direct the non-soldiers to the safe caverns, I ran through the crowds with Jim in toe, I passed Daniel who had no weapon,

"Sister!" I called, throwing the spear at her.

Daniel turned and caught it before she vanished from view in a sea of panicking Loboans. I made my way to the main tunnel where I saw our soldiers ready, along with my father, Rhigo, Buck, Arrrgh and Draal.

Draal turned to me, "Where have you been?" he demanded over the cries of the populace.

I twirled the sword in my grip before giving it to him, "Working." I panted.

Draal held the sword, confused, "Now, you are the one who's unarmed." he looked at me with wide eyes.

I smirked and unsheathed my long claws and bared my fangs, "Nah, I'm ok."

Suddenly, from the shadows, a black arrow whizzed out, nearly taking my ear off, "Whoa!" I yelped, flinching a little bit. Papa brandished his huge battle axe, as he bared his fangs, his muscles bulging,