Granite's Forge

Sonya's POV~

I pulled the curtain aside in my new outfit, the tank top was a little small but I would manage. I looked up, and was met with the sight of Draal, Arrrgh, and Jim.

"We're ready to head back to Trollmarket." Jim said, folding his arms.

I nodded, "I have to grab something from my father, but I'll be with you all in a moment. " I made my way down the stone steps, but I heard footfalls behind me.

I looked back seeing Draal coming after me, "What are you doing?" my tail lashed back and forth.

"You keep talking about this, Granite's Forge, and I decided to see it for myself." Draal answered as we walked across the cavern.

"Same here." Arrrgh rumbled, as Jim clambered onto his furry back.

I grunted, "So be it," I then turned to them. walking backwards, "be warned, Granite can be a bit . . . up tight about his work so . . . hands to yourself." I warned.

Draal peaked a brow, "I am not the one you need to warn, puppy. It's Jim who cannot control his curiosity." he jabbed a thumb back at the boy, with a smirk.

"Oh, c'mon!" Jim whined, "Toby's worse than me!"

I rolled my eyes, "Just stay close, and do not touch a single weapon, lest Granite rips off your head."

"What is it with Loboans and head ripping?" Jim asked as we walked into another cavern.

This cavern was solely lit by the light of roaring fires. rows upon rows of weapons hung on racks along with rock walls. Before us, hunkered over an anvil was an older Loboan with stone grey fur. One of his legs was replaced with a metal peg prosthetic. He was hammering away at something, from his back grew topaz crystals, glowing in the light of the forge's flames.

Beside him stood my father, his arms folded over his buff chest. He looked up, and smiled, "Ah, Sonyalanda." He then nudged the grey wolf, "Granite."

"Eh?" He looked up, revealing a huge scar on his neck, "What is it-oh . . ." he looked over at me, "Sonyalanda, look at ya." he hobbled over and held my head, his milky eyes gazing into my own.

"Hello, Granite. It has been some time." I greeted, feeling his scarred hands on my head, "Working the forge?"

Granite let out a hearty laugh, "Aye, yer father's been working me worn for wear." he jabbed a thumb at Papa who rolled his eyes,

"You are then workaholic in this clan, old friend." Hougan replied, then spoke lower, "Give it to her." he told Granite.

Granite nodded and hobbled off to a father corner of the forge. I peaked a brow, "Papa, what do you mean?" I asked.

Hougan cleared his throat, "I am needed here, I need to protect out clan, but," he held her shoulders, "I refuse to send you into a battle with the Gumm-Gumm king without the proper weapon." he turned to Granite who came back, holding a parcel wrapped in leather.

Granite handed it to me, "I only made three sets of these, your mother and father have the other two, lass." he smiled, "Use them well."

I held the parcel to my chest and nodded once, before turning to my father. I watched his expression, before he reached out and cupped my muzzle,

"My child," he pinned his ears, "I worry for you." He stroked my ear, "I do not want to loose you, like I lost your mother."

I reached up and held his hand, "Papa . . ." I sniffled and spoke in a low voice, "you will not loose me."

Papa engulfed me in his arms, "Safe travels, Sonyalanda." he planted a kiss on my head.

I nodded and nuzzled his jaw, "I will be safe." I pulled away and walked off, one last thing I needed to do.

Third Person's POV~

Draal watched Sonya leave, and Jim spoke up, "So, Granite, you're the clan's blacksmith?" he asked.

"Weaponsmith, laddie!" Granite corrected, "And aye, I am. I forge all that ya see before you." he gestured to the swords, axes and maces around them.

"An impressive collection." Draal noted.

"Thank ya." Granite chuckled, before looking back to the forge, "I gotta get back to me craft, safe travels." he hobbled back over to the forge, before he froze, "Oh, one more thing," he turned to the others, bearing his teeth, "Gunmar gave me this," he pointed to the scar on his neck, "return the pain, one thousand fold."

"We will." Jim assured.

The trio left Granite's forge, and made their way across the cavern, but Draal was stopped by a hand on his shoulder. he turned to see Hougan towering over him,

"Draal," he rumbled, "weapons alone will not protect my child." he looked at him, then held Draal by both shoulders, "Protect my child, please, Stone Skin." he begged.

Draal stared wide-eyed before he nodded, "I will. I will." he patted his arm before following the others.

Hougan watched them leave before he looked up to the cavern ceiling, "Moon God. watch over my Sonyalanda and her allies, help them win this war."