Journey to the Black Mountains: Part 2

That Night, Sonya's POV~

I stood before a massive oak tree in my Loboan form, with my brother beside me, and the rest of the team behind us. I folded my arms and took in the magnificent tree as it was silhouetted by the moon. I then looked to Rhigo,

"You sure this is the right tree?" I asked, peaking a brow.

Rhigo's shoulders slumped, "Yes, it's the right tree." He glared at me, "How stupid do ya think I am?" He asked.

The only sound were the night insects as I peaked a brow at him, Rhigo shifted awkwardly before he gave an annoyed sigh,

"Nevermind, Sis, don't answer that." he folded his arms, his ears pinning back, "Just open the damn portal, would'ja?" he asked, his Loboan form casting a shadow over me.

I rolled my eyes, before running my hand over my head, rubbing my pointed ears, my tail lashed, "Haven't opened one of these in a while," I popped my knuckles and then popped my neck.

I then closed my eyes, listening to the crickets chirp, the leaves in the trees rustle and the distance call of a coyote. I then put my hands together and spoke in Loboan Tongue,

"Arai kuru nu ay-na shini," I put my paws on the tree trunk, feeling the magic flow through me, "hasu gai-ne menna mu tomo. Koko-ro-ra kesi gra ge-ni. Genga Negareboshi Nagro Montos!" ​​​​​​​

I opened my eyes and felt a surge of magic course through me and the massive oak, and the bark split apart revealing a swirling black and green portal. I backed up a little bit, panting slightly.

"Whoa . . ." Claire walked forward with widened eyes, "Sonya, what language was that?" she asked, her eyes wide.

I huffed and looked down at her, "Loboan tongue." I then spat out some saliva into the bush, "Ok, who's first?" I asked.

Rhigo walked forward then turned on his heel, "See ya on the other side, sis!" he saluted before tipping his weight back and he was swallowed by the shadow portal with a soft whooshing sound.

"Cannon ball!" Toby ran through, and jumped, Arrrgh followed, chuckling.

"With expediency, my allies!" Blinky shoved Jim and Claire through, before jumping through himself.

I shook my mane before looking to Draal who was beside me, "After you." I bowed, mockingly.

"No, no, after you." Draal flicked my muzzle.

I winced, before standing up straight, "Nah, I insist." I grabbed him by his horn and threw him through the portal.

"Ahhh! Damn you, Sonya!" Draal's voice echoed as he vanished.

I chuckled, then jumped through the portal. The whooshing sound roared in my sensitive ears as I fell through the shadows. Soon, a light formed and I fell out the other side of the tunnel, cold air bit my fur as I stumbled and caught myself as my bare, fur-covered feet raked across the rocks.

Suddenly, something hit me from behind, I yelped and hit the rocky earth as a huge weight landed on my back. I winced and raked my claws across the earth, my tail lashing back and forth. I looked over my shoulder and my eyes widened as my muzzle was inches from Draal's lips, somehow he had come out behind me and fallen on me.

"Get. Off. Now." I pinned my ears, bearing my teeth at him.

Draal flushed before getting off, I stood up and shook my whole body, a cloud of rock dust forming around my person. I then looked up. We had come out of a cave, on a huge mountain ledge, looking up to a majestic mountain peak.

"Big mountain." Arrrgh commented.

My ears perked up as I waked to the steep incline that led up to the summit, "Home." I reached out and placed my hand on one of the stones, "I'm home." I let out a soft laugh.

Third Person's POV~

​​​​​​​Jim looked around, they were on a rocky ledge, bathed in moonlight and stars. All around them were rocks and mountains, which were dotted with scrubby bushes, pine trees and huge caves all along the mountain line.

"Oh, my Gorkus . . ." Blinky gasped, holding out his arms, "Never have I seen, in 600 years, such a beautiful sight."

Rhigo peaked a brow, and looked around, "Huh, where are the Guardians?" he asked.

Suddenly, the ground trembled violently, and two mountain peaks began moving.

"Uh, guys?!" Toby exclaimed, "The mountains are alive!"

Sonya looked from left to right as the peaks of the smaller mountains unfolded, revealing huge wolves made of stone, one with glowing blue eyes the other with red eyes. Each one stood at ten feet at the shoulder, each of their movements was choppy and uneven as they jumped from ledge to ledge.

"What is happening?!" Jim summoned Daylight and brandished his blade, his eyes wide.

Sonya pulled Draal behind her, "Stay behind me." she snarled.

"I do not hide!" Draal hissed, popping his knuckles, "allow me to fight."

Sonya turned on him and flicked his nose, "Hush!" She froze as the Guardians landed before them, making the rock beneath their feet tremble.

"Who dares tread upon Loboan ground?" The blue-eyed wolf spoke, though his jaws did not move, but his head cocked ever so slightly.

"Say thy name with truth," the red-eyed added, "lest you perish by our granite paws."

Toby hid behind Arrrgh, "Loboan siblings . . .you're up." he whispered harshly.

"Indeed, I do not wish to die this beautiful evening." Blinky concurred.

Rhigo nudged his, "Go on, say your full name." he chuckled, knowing how much it annoyed his older sister.

Which was true, Sonya just liked going by Sonya. Short, easy to remember and it was a cool name. Sonya sighed and rubbed her muzzle before walking up to the two stone guardians,

"I am Sonyalanda, eldest born of Hougan, grand-daughter of Angii, great-grand-daughter of First Chief Jerome." she bowed her head.

The blue eyed guardian looked over to each newcomer, "Speak your names with truth, lest you die." he growled.

Rhigo walked forward, "I am Rhigogan, second born of Hougan." he bowed his head.

Jim waved a little bit, "James Lake Jr., the current Trollhunter."

Toby poked his head out, "I'm Toby Domzalski."

"Claire Nunez," Claire introduced.

Blinky raised a hand before bowing dramatically, "I am Blinkous Gladrical, the Trollhunter's mentor."

Arrrgh put a hand to his chest, "I Arrrgh."

Sonya looked to Draal, "You're turn."

Draal took a breath and looked up at the two wolves, he felt their eyes pierce his soul as they watched him, "I am," he cleared his throat, "Draal the Deadly, Son of the Former Trollhunter, Kanjigar, and protector of James Lake Jr."

The red-eyed stone wolf nodded, "You speak truth, you may enter. Welcome one, welcome all to the Loboan tribe of the Black Mountains."

Both guardians ran back up the mountain, their footfalls shaking the earth. Sonya watched them as they assumed their positions on the mountains peaks and turned back into stone, ready to be awakened if need be again.