Puppy Problems

The Next Day~ Sonya's POV~

The rest of the night went . . . somewhat smoothly. I used a Za-ap to send Toby, Claire and Blinky back to Arcadia, while Arrrgh insisted he and Draal stay along with Jim. I don't think Draal wanted to stay but Arrrgh made him for some reason.

It was early morning and I was up before my father and my siblings, I walked out of my den, and made my way to a spare den where our guests were staying. I came to the entrance and dared to poke my head in, I couldn't help but giggle at the sight. Arrrgh was flat out on his back with Jim sprawled across his chest, the both of them snoring, my eyes then drifted over to Draal.

He was out on his side, his head resting up against a rock as he snored softly, his arms pulled to his chest. I let my ears drop back and I chuckled softly before walking in and up to Draal,

"Stone Skin," I tapped his shoulder, "wake up."

Draal snorted and swatted my hand away, "Ugh . . ." he rolled over.

I peaked a brow, "It's Gunmar!" I shouted.

This got Draal up alright, he sat bolt upright and whipped around, "Huh?! What?" he accidentally smacked me across the muzzle, I fell on my but, laughing as I held my muzzle, "Pfft! Ahahaha!" I held my muzzle as I laughed.

Draal's eyes widened before he growled, "Oh! That is it!" He tackled me and tried to choke me, "Self-centered puppy!"

I bucked my hips and tossed him off before sitting up, rubbing my throat, "Sorry, I couldn't resist." I ran a hand over my head.

Draal sat up and popped his neck, "You can be such a pain." he stood up.

I smirked as I stood, "Oh, you flatter me." I said, sarcasm dripping from my tone, I walked past him and bumped his shoulder playfully.  I then walked out of the cave, and stopped short as a Loboan pup ran before me.

The pup was a gray color with the small beginnings of amethysts coming from his arms. Draal came up beside me and gasped a little bit,

"Loboan pups are so small . . ." he noted, looking at me.

The pup looked at me with wide brown eyes, "Sonyalanda . . ." he walked up to me, he was dressed in rags, and scraps salvaged from the woods.

I knelt down on the pup, "Morning, little one." I greeted, as the cavern lit up, but not with sunlight, it was the crystals that seemed to glow with a soft yellow light.

The pup looked at me, then to Draal, "Stone Skin."

I smiled, "Yeah he is." I picked up the pup and set him on my shoulder, "What's your name, little one?" I asked, peaking a brow.

"Rogue!" The pup said proudly.

I chuckled, "Rogue, this is Draal."

Draal peaked a brow, "Hello." he backed up a little bit.

Rogue's tail began wagging, and I held him out to Draal, "He's just a kid." I assured.

"I do not do children." Draal hissed at me.

Rogue pouted before turning to me, and squirming free before he launched onto my face. I stumbled back and fell on my butt, laughing,

"Well, aren't you just a fighter!" I taunted. Even if he wasn't my own, I enjoyed playing with little ones, it reminded me of when I was little.

Rogue bit my ear and tugged at it, making me laugh. Rogue then let go and waved his goodbye before running off to a den, which I had to assume was his home.

I stood up and dusted myself off, "Cute kid." I noted, before looking to Draal.

Draal looked at me then sighed, "Why do you not walk as a human, Sonya?" he asked.

I shrugged, "It's not my true form." I gestured to my body, "This, my Loboan form, is what I really look like. We only use our human guises if we need to blend in with humans."

Draal nodded then looked around seeing the cavern was coming alive, Loans were crawling out of their dens, "Do your people always hide underground?"

I shook my head, "No, a hunting party goes out for food. We often go and run along the Mountains, but we stay down here because it's safe from prying eyes."

Draal only nodded once.