Memory

Sonya'S POV~

I awoke to the sound of Rhigo's loud snoring. I groaned internally, and rolled over on my back, blinking hard as the light of the crystals above stung my eyes for a moment. Rhigo was still fast asleep, he rolled over and his arm smacked me across the muzzle,

"Ah! Rhigo!" I hissed his name, shoving his arm off and sitting up. I pinned my large ears and shook his shoulder, "Rhigo?"

All I got was a mumble, Rhigo waved his arm in the air, "Five more minutes honey . . ." he mumbled before going back to his snorting.

Honey? Why would he call me-- I stopped short, "You have a mate?!" I shouted.

Rhigo shot up, snorting as drool hung from his jaws, "Huh? Wha?" he shook his head, and held his ear, "Ah, sis . . ." he whined.

I stood up and grabbed him by his ear, "You are coming with me!" I exclaimed, dragging him out by his ear.

"Ow! Ow! Owie!" Rhigo whined, as he stumbled after me, "Easy on the ear!" he yelped.

I dragged him into Blinky's library and shoved him in, "You have a mate?!" I shouted at him.

Rhigo froze, as did Blinky, Arrrgh and Draal. Rhigo blinked before looking over to the three bewildered trolls, "Hehe. . ." Rhigo rubbed the back of his neck, his fingers running through his mane.

"What did we miss?" Arrrgh asked, cocking his head.

I flicked Rhigo in the head, "Moron here got himself a mate and did not tell me!"

"How in the Name of the Moon did you find out?!" Rhigo demanded, standing up, his eyes wide.

"You called me Honey in your sleep!" I shot back, poking his nose.

Draal walked forward, "A . . . mate?" he asked, "As in a loved one?"

"It is far more than that," Blinky noted from his spot across the library, "yes, Loboans have loves, but a mate is where two Loboans share their souls, hearts and minds." he explained.

I tapped the emerald in my forehead, "It's what these jewels are for, when we touch them, we share memories and our deepest emotions." I folded my arms.

Rhigo shrank with every word I said, "Sonya . . ." he whimpered.

"So, you've bonded with someone for life." Draal concluded.

"She's a pretty girl!" Rhigo exclaimed, "With a great personality, besides she's got a nice set of-"

"Ok, gonna shut you up right there." I clamped his muzzle shut, and glared at him, before sighing deeply, "What's her name?" I asked, pulling my hands away.

"Sakura." Rhigo spoke, then instantly hid behind Draal, who peaked a brow in pure bewilderment.

I froze, "That nut case?!" I shouted, "You do realize she tormented me when I was a pup!" I exclaimed, teeth bared.

"I know, but she's changed, Sis." Rhigo tried to reason from his spot behind Draal, while Draal on the other hand just looked annoyed now.

I sighed and sat down, "Fine, fine," I waved him off before turning back into a human, I pulled my brown hair over my shoulder before taking a deep breath, "Once Jim, Claire and TP get here, we'll take the Za-ap to the Black Mountains." I looked to Rhigo, "There is a Za-ap near here, right?"

Rhigo reverted to his human form and adjusted his vest, "Yep." he popped the p of the word.

"Za-ap?" Arrrgh questioned, confused.