It'll Get'cha Killed, Kiddo

The Following Day~~(Third Person's POV)

The bell rang loudly for class to begin at Arcadia Oaks High, and everyone took their seats in Coach Lawrence's Health Class. Jim sighed as he took his seat next to Claire he then noticed the seat behind him was empty, Jim turned fully in his own seat to get a better look, "What . . .?" he mumbled, peaking a brow.

"Alright, listen up!" Coach Lawrence's voice gained everyone's attention, "Sonya Wolf is going to be absent today, apparently she cut her mouth open pretty bad and she's in the hospital."

Claire looked over to Jim, "Oh, I hope she's ok." she muttered.

Toby turned around from his seat before Jim, "She's probably playing sick." he stated, "Did you see the way she acted? She doesn't care about school." he mumbled.

Jim peaked a brow, "I doubt it, I mean . . ." he stopped short, not really sure how to finish his sentence.

The three then focused on class, and Coach Lawrence's booming voice as he . . . tried to explain the male reproductive system. Which . . . must be said, was really awkward lecture.

After class, the trio met at their lockers.

Toby sighed as he opened his locker, "I'm just saying, Sonya cutting her mouth? How do you even do that?"

Jim peaked a brow, "She could have fallen, cut her mouth with glass. . ." he began listing.

Toby gave Jim an unamused look, "All I'm saying is that Sonya is weird," he stated, "she spaced out during class but did the math problem perfectly, she knows how to fight probably better than Jim and she is entirely way to ok with Trollmarket."

Claire looked up from her locker, "Actually, Toby is right about that last part," she noted, "even is Sonya's family has . . . some interaction with Trolls in the past, she seemed . . . more at home in the Forge than she did in class."

Jim peaked a brow, "To be fair, Claire, no self-respecting teen really feels at home in school."

Claire froze, "Eh, true enough." she replied as she shut her locker.

The screech of the school bell filled the air and the trio said their good-byes  for the time being and agreed to meet at the canals to head into Trollmarket to train once again.

After School~~(Sonya's POV)

I gazed into the mirror, and opened my mouth, wincing at the nasty sight of the cuts along the roof of my mouth. I rolled my eyes, then filled my water bottle with warm water before taking a nice big swig, then spitting out bloody water into the skink.

"Ugh, gross . . ." I mumbled, wiping my lips before gazing into the mirror again, "Ugh, ugly mongrel . . ." I said to myself before making my way down stairs.

I looked into the living room seeing my host parents chatting on the couch, a bowl of popcorn shared between them.

"Hey, I'm gonna get some fresh air, ok?" I called in a dull tone.

Jake glanced back, "Ok, Kiddo, just be back by 8:30!" he called before returning his attention back to Ann.

I sighed and picked up my gym bag and pushed the door open, I shut the door behind me and I pulled out my phone, I then dialed Claire's number, I pulled the phone to my ear and waited.

"Hello?" came her response.

"Heya, Sweetheart, It's Sonya." Came my response.

"Eh. . . don't call me Sweetheart . . ." she mumbled, "Also, how's your mouth?" she asked.