Loboan Cheif

Sonya's POV~

I watched as the Guardians returned to the sentinel-like state, before I turned to the others, "C'mon!" I jumped up onto the cliff face and began climbing, the violent night wind rustling my fur. My claws dug into the rocks as I climbed up the steep incline. I hummed softly, my tail wavering violently in the cool night wind.

"No one said anything about climbing!" Toby complained behind me.

I gave a soft chuckle as I jumped to another hand hold and held on by one hand. I turned my head to the others, checking on their progress. Draal was doing fine, Arrrgh was carrying Toby and Blinky on his back while Jim and Claire were making progress.

Rhigo came up beside me and looked at me, "You've made strong friends." he commented as we continued our climb.

I chuckled softly, "Agreed." I pulled myself up a little bit, "They're unique to say the least." I dug my feet into the rock and pushed myself up.

"How about that Blue Stone Skin?" Rhigo asked, rather bluntly, and suddenly.

I froze up a little bit, and glanced behind me to see if Draal was paying attention, which he wasn't. I the huffed, as my ears flapped in the wind, "What about him?" I responded as we grew closer to the entrance to the main cavern.

Rhigo let out a soft laugh, his voice muffled slightly by the wind, "You know what." His face read seriousness, "You like him."

"As a friendly rival, yes." I replied as we reached the ledge, I grunted as I pulled myself up onto the ledge, I then shook out my form before turning to the edge and reaching out to Draal. Draal looked up at me, his eyes glowing in the night, he then grabbed my paw with his mechanical arm and I pulled him up. I took a step back to balance myself when I slipped and lost my footing.

"Whoa!" I yelped as I fell on my butt, I winced a little bit, then opened my eyes and hear instantly surged to my face.

Draal had fallen on top of me, his arms bracing himself up, his face inches from my muzzle. For a moment, we made eye contact and my ears slowly tipped back, my earrings clinking together as I blinked in slightly shock,

"Uh. . ." I gulped, before snapping myself out of it, "Get off me!" I lodged me foot in his hip and kicked him off.

"Ah!" Draal yelped, falling on his but, he groaned softly, rubbing his head, "You could've simply asked. . ." he mumbled softly.

I stood up, my pelt was ruffled, I ran my hands over my hair before turning to look behind me, "Ah, the entrance." I smirked softly.

Jim came up beside me and his eyes widened, "Holy . . ." he gasped.

Before us was a wolf's head carved out of the mountain, it was massive, over 100 feet tall, the jaws of the wolf were open, making the entrance, the mouth of the wolf was about 50 feet wide. I walked forward and passed under the entrance of the wolf's upper jaw. I turned to the others and smiled, seeing their shocked expressions.

"C'mon!" I called, my voice becoming an echo in the torch-lit tunnel that led down into the bowels of the mountain.

"Awesome-Sauce!" Toby exclaimed, running in, with Arrrgh in toe,

"Big wolf head." he pointed up, as he walked past me.

Blinky was in a daze, "This is-- I am . . . speechless." I chuckled as I followed them, the torches roaring on wither side of the tunnel. On the tunnel walls were carvings of Loboans locked in combat, some Loboans embracing, others of Loboan cubs playing with one another. I reached out and ran my hand along with wall, letting my finger trace the carvings as I walked down the cobblestone path that led into the main den.

Soon, the tunnel gave way to the main cavern, and I took a moment to take in my home. The cavern was beyond huge, with small dens carved into the walls, one on-top of another, all connected by a series of ladders forged of metals. Kinda like the pueblos in Mexico. On the ground floor, huts were made of wood, scrap metal and whatever other materials Loboans could find.

And then, there were the Loboans, all of them in a hustle and bustle, running about the cavern, some exchanging fur and herbs for meat, others working at the forges making weapons and armor. My tail began wagging as my green eyes looked up to a large cave that could be accessed by a set of stared carved from stone. My den, the den were I grew up.

"My word.  . ." Blinky gasped, "Look at all of these Loboans!"

Some were young and barely had crystals growing from their fur, others had huge clusters of crystals growing from their backs. The crystals varied from clear diamond to a rich ruby red. My tail began wagging that much faster as I took in my home. But, I did notice that some Loboans, mostly buff males, were staying in their dens above us, covered in bandages and raw cuts.

Signs of a struggle.

I pinned my ears, "We have to find Papa." I told my brother.

Rhigo looked around, through the mass of Loboans, "I think he's in the main forge with Granite, searching for new material for weapons." he said, scratching his neck.

I nodded, "Alright," I then turned to the others, "You guys stay close-"

"Sonyalanda!"

I froze, hearing the rumbling bass voice, I turned seeing Loboans part and step back, murmuring softly in our native tongue as a huge black Loboan walked forward. He had a missing eye, scarred over. His right ear was laced with four gold earrings, his saber fangs nearly reached his chest, his green eyes seemed to glow and the crystals on his back were golden and silver.

My tail lowered as he approached me, his expression stern. He towered over me, and my brother, he leaned down and spoke,

"Hello, daughter."

I chuckled nervously, feeling his gaze pierce my soul, "Good to see you, Papa . . ."