Family

Sonya's POV~

"Ow!" I hissed in pain and shied away from Draal's hand.

"Hold still, Puppy." Draal cuffed my on the back of the head, "Let me bandage your wounds."

I grumbled curses and held still as Draal dabbed at my face with a damp cloth. I looked away and twiddled my thumbs, and ran a hand through my hair, keeping it clear from the wounds on my face.

"You are very fortunate that Gunmar did not corrupt your mind, Puppy." He chided as he worked.

I scoffed, "Lucky me." I mumbled, then winced again, "Ow!"

"Hold still, and it will not hurt!" Draal snapped at me, moving my hair away from my face with one hand and working at the cuts with the other.

I pinched the bridge of my nose and let him work, I reached over and rubbed the band on my wrist. I felt my throat clench, before I reached up and rubbed my eye.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

"Fine, fine!" I waved it off, "Just have something in my eye." I rubbed the tears away, I had no idea what what going on. Why was I close to tears? It wasn't because of pain, I knew that much.

"Sonya, you are wet in your eyes." He flicked me in the side of the head, making me yelp in pain.

"Ok, ok, so what? I'm a little teary eyed." I snarled at him and stood up, walking away from the troll. I folded my arms and walked over to the corner, my face burned with pain and I rubbed the tears away.

"Uh . . ." Draal rubbed his hands together, "Sonya, what--um," he cleared his throat, "What was . . ." he sighed, as if it were the hardest thing to say. "what was it like? In the Black Mountains?" he asked.

I turned to him, and sighed, "Lemme guess, you want me to talk about my clan, so I'll stop crying." I chuckled weakly.

Draal blinked, "That was one reason, the other was open curiosity." He sat down by the furnace and shrugged.

I froze up, "Uh, ok." I sniffled and walked over and sat across from him, and I sighed, tucking a lock of brown hair behind my ear letting my earrings show.

"Well," I rubbed my hands together and smacked my lips, "life in the mountains was . . .simple, but, sometimes the simple things make it the best." I rested my chin on folded knuckles, "Though we aren't many, our tribe had loyalty, integrity and," I chuckled softly, "most importantly, family. It was just me, Papa, Mama and my siblings."

Draal huffed, "What was your family like?" he asked.

I cleared my throat, "Uh, my parents are stern, but fair. I love them with all I have." I rubbed the back of my neck, "I haVE three siblings." I smiled into the fire, "Rhigo, Buck and my sister Dani."

Draal froze up, "Well, you are very lucky." He said, making me look at him,

"What?" I peaked a brow, confused.

"I lost my father to Gunmar's Son, Bular," He cleared his throat, "I wish I still had him here, at times."

I peaked a brow before chuckling, "Well, if it makes you feel any better," I pointed to my face, "I've stopped crying. And, I'll leave you alone." I patted his arm and stood up.

"Wait, where are you going?" Draal asked, confused.

I forze, "Uh, right now," I chuckled, "not really sure. I'll just. . . go." I reached up and opened the basement window, I was about to climb out when Draal's voice reached my eyes,

"You're wounds are still open and bleeding, Loboan." He held up a damp cloth, "Sit." he commanded.

I frowned and walked over, "Sit? really?" I sat before him, "I'm no dog." I spat, smirking coyly.

"You act like one." Draal smirked back and poked my head.

I batted his hand away and turned my face away, showing off the bare wounds, "Just clean the wounds, would you."

Draal chuckled, "Yes, puppy."

"I will hurt you."