Who Sonya Wolf Truly is

Sonya's POV~

Clare stared up at me with huge eyes, "Holy . . . moly . . ." she whispered.

I chuffed and walked past Draal, reaching the tree with the arrow lodged in it's trunk, I hummed softly as I pulled it out and examined the obsidian tip. I sniffed it then snorted, my big ears pinned back and my tail lashed back and forth.

"Hmm . . ." I held up the arrow above my head, turning the arrow in the fading light, "obsidian tipped, laced with NeroToxin." I sniffed the tip before gagging.

"NeroToxin?!" Jim squeaked, "Who shot that?" he asked.

I simply shrugged, "I don't know, someone with talent," I snapped the arrow and tossed it into the bushes.

"Wait, why talent?" Toby asked, still staring up at me with wide eyes, "Why would someone need talent for a NuroToxin-whatever?"

I growled lowly, "It is a blend of many herbs, so it is scentless . . . to most." I chuffed again.

Arrrgh walked up to me, "Hunter?" he asked, poking my chest.

My eyes widened before I swatted his hand away, "No. Not a Hunter." my ears flickered picking up the sounds of the wood, "It be best if we get back to Trollmarket where we can speak with out running risk of getting seen."

Once in Trollmarket, we took refuge in Blinky's Library, I had seated myself on a makeshift char, my furry mane settling around my shoulders, my large ears pinned back as I stared at my hands.

"Okay. . . " Jim walked over to me, "We're in Trollmarket, we're safe. Now, I think I speak for everyone when I say we need an explanation." he folded his arms, peaking a brow.

The glow of the lanterns illuminated my brown shaggy fur as I looked Jim in the eye, I then stood up and walked over to one of the shelves.

"What are you doing, Ms. Wolf?" Blinky asked, confused.

I gave a rumbling growl and pulled out a book before tossing it on the table, "This is how you made the connection I assume," I walked over and flipped the book open.

Claire nodded, "Yeah, we saw the bracelets." she commented.

I heaved a deep sigh, "I am a Loboan, a wolf-walker." I opened the book revealing our creation story, "Before the Battle of Killahead, our breed lived in the Black Mountains." I said, running my hands over a depiction of a mountain range.

"Wait, Black Mountains?" Toby asked, "As in . . . Black Mountains in South Dakota?" he guessed.

"The very same," I flipped the page, "our first Chief, Jerome, led our tribe into battle when Deya the Deliverer asked for our help. Jerome was killed by Gunmar himself, and our clan fell into disarray, Gunmar modified some of his finest to hunt us down." I bared my teeth, "Humans and Gumm-Gumms alike hunted down my ancestors to the brink of extinction, we retreated back into the mountains and refused to show ourselves ever again." I shut the book, "Until now." I bared my teeth.

"Why?" Arrrgh asked, cocking his head.

I turned my eyes on Jim, "My father, Chief Hougan, sensed Gunmar's presence in this world," I walked up to Jim, "and he was right. He sent me to investigate and help the Trollhunter kill Gunmar, at any cost." I bared my teeth at him.

"Whoa, wait!" Toby gained my attention, "You're dad's the Chief, does that mean . . .?"

I stood straight, "I am Sonya, first born descendant of Hougan and Shiwabi and the future leader of the Black Mountain Loboan Clan." I folded my arms and perked up my ears.

Blinky stared up at me, "An Alpha's Child." he gasped, "I thought I'd never live to see one in person. . . "

My tail lashed back and forth before I leaned against the table, my head held high, I turned my attention to Draal who was staring at me with wide eyes.

"Who's a mouthy fleshbag again?" I gave a wolfish grin, my ears perked up.

Draal shook off his shock before scoffing, "A silly magic trick, you are still weak when it comes to combat." he pointed at me.

I peaked a brow then busted out laughing, holding my gut as my jaws opened wide, revealing fangs like knives, "Hahahaha! Oh, that is rich!" I held a hand over my green eyes as tears pricked them.

Draal growled, "Are you mocking me?!" he roared, balling up his fists.

I managed to regain control of myself and I looked at him, "Did you ever stop to wonder, Horn Head, that I may have . . . been pulling my punches?" I folded my arms, smirking at him coyly.

Draal growled, "You are nothing but a puppy!"

Dead silence filled the room. Blinky covered his mouth as he gasped, my face contorted into a snarl, "What did you day, Stone Skin?" I walked up to him.

"I said you are nothing more than a puppy." Draal snarled, blowing out through his nostrils, "What do you intend to do about it?" he rumbled.

Blinky gasped, "Draal! You do not wish to push this further!" he exclaimed.

I chuckled darkly, "Ok, Horn Head," I pressed my muzzle to his nose and bared my teeth, "It is on."