In the Wood of the Gumm-Gumm King

Sonya's POV~

​​​​​​​As the afternoon turned into night, I made my way to the surface, I needed some fresh air. Once I passed through the barrier I instantly took to the shadows. Even in my human form, I was never one to make a public aspect of myself. I slipped in and out of shadow, until I made it to the woods outside Arcadia, I then tipped my head back up to look at the moon as it shone down, creating patches of light on the soft grass.

I hunched up my shoulders and pulled my hair back into a low pony tail, feeling the wilds of the forest send shivers up my spine. I looked up to the moon again and gave a soft sigh,

"Mr. Moon, Mr. Moon, you're out too soon,

go back to your place in the sky,

​​​​​​​go back to bed, and cover up your head,

and sleep till the night grows nigh''

​​​​​​​I chuckled a little bit, it was a silly little song my mother used to sing to me and my littermates when we were pups. I looked up at the moon, and a smile pulled at my lips,

"Don't worry, Mr. Moon," I chuckled, "you're not out too soon." I rubbed my face, realizing I was chatting it up with the moon. But, then again, I always found that the moon had some form of personality. Y'know, like the Man in the Moon? I watched the moon's pale face as it hung there in the blackened sky, I let my back hit a sturdy tree and I slid down to the grass beneath my feet, pulling my legs to my chest.

That's when I heard it, a faint growl. My head snapped up upon hearing it, and my Loboan senses came alive, I shifted my position to a crouch, I sniffed the air taking in all the scents around me.

"That's no coyote . . ." I mumbled, hearing the growl again.

I saw a black mass move between the trees, and I backed up a little bit. That's when the figure came into the moonlight and I kid you not I nearly passed out from pure fear. It was a Troll, a huge black troll with one glowing blue eye, and a set of huge horns that curved forward like a bull's.

Gunmar. It had to be.

The Gumm-Gumm king turned his head to me, "A Loboan? Here?"

He could see right through my human guise. Oh, man this was bad. I couldn't run, lest I lead him to Trollmarket, and I couldn't hide, this sicko had the nose of a freaking bloodhound! I slowly stood up, making my decision, I'll make my stand here, if I die, so be it. I assumed my Loboan form and growled threateningly.

Gunmar held out his hand, "A Loboan soldier will be an excellent addition to my horde." A blade appeared in his claws. Decimaar: the corruption blade. I knew what the sword could do to even the most purest of souls.

"It will take far more than your blade to strike me down." I barred my fangs and waited.

Gunmar wasted no time in thundering at me, his footfalls shaking the earth beneath us. I went down on all fours and dodged his blade, I slipped under his guard and latched onto his arm with my powerful jaws and bit down with everything I had.

Gunmar roared in pain, and I couldn't help but smirk a little bit. At least I can cause pain. But it wasn't before long that Gunmar grabbed my throat and ripped me off his arm. I clawed at his arm and snapped my jaws, but to no avail.

"I shall put those jaws to good use." Gunmar panted, holding up Decimaar, ready to take control of my soul. I bared my fangs,

"I'm not one of your slaves!" I kicked Gunmar square in the face, thus managing to get free of his grip.

I got behind Gunmar and slashed his back before ducking behind a tree to catch my breath. I put a hand to my thick throat and rubbed the fur, feeling pain swell in my neck,

"That's gonna leave a mark . . ." I was cut short when Decimaar burst through the tree I was hiding behind. I gasped and ran into the open, only to nearly have my head chopped off by Gunmar. I dodged his sword strikes, before I got an opening. With a fearsome howl I unsheathed my long, black claws and slashed Gunmar across his face.

The Gumm-Gumm king yelled out in pain, holding his face, while swinging Decimaar wildly, so wildly that it actually clipped my ear and face. I ignored the blood that ran down my fur and took the chance to run. I darted off on all fours, leaving Gunmar alone in the woods roaring and cursing my Clan's name.