Telling Stories of Wolves in the Mountains

Sonya's POV~

I growled as I got off Draal, my tail swishing back and forth, I strode to the edge of the Forge and sat down, before examining my wounds. Not many wounds, a few cuts and that welt on the back of my head but other than that . . .My pink tongue lolled out as I lapped at my knuckles which were cut up and bleeding a little bit. My green eyes flashed up occasionally seeing Jim, Claire and Toby spar with their respective weapons.

It all looked like child's play to me.

I licked my arm, smoothing over my ruffled brown for, the metallic taste of blood on my mouth. I sniffed the cut on my arm before I snorted a little bit, I then let my arms rest in my lap and I turned my head to the sparring children. My ears perked forward, the two golden rings in one clinking together a little bit.

My thoughts wandered from the children to my home, not the "Home" I have here in Arcadia. My real  home in the Black Mountains with my Mama and Papa and my siblings. I closed my green eyes, thinking of it all, the crisp mountain air the full moon above our heads. I heave a deep sigh and opened my eyes again.

"Why did Papa send me .  . . ?" I wondered, standing up and dusting off my pelt.

The kids sparred for quite some time, and afterwards we took up refuge in Blinky's Library, I had reverted back into a human and I was flipping through one of the many books that decorated the shelves, my scarred up hands running over the pages. I propped my chin up on my fist and my eyes scanned over the pages lazily.

Suddenly, a book was placed over the one I was reading, I recognized the old wooden cover and I looked up seeing Jim look at me expectantly.

"What?" I asked, sitting up straight.

Jim put his hand on the book, "We want to know about the Black Mountains, where you grew up." he said, his blue eyes stern and cold.

I gave a husky chuckle and sighed, "This goes for all of you?" I asked, looking to the others.

Draal was off to the back, leaning up against the stone, not really paying attention, while the others: Toby, Claire, Blinky and Arrrgh all nodded quickly.

I heaved a deep sigh and opened the book, "Well, my people have taken refuge up in the Black Mountains for generations," I pointed to the illustration of huge mountain peaks with jagged edges, "we tunneled into the mountain side, carving out caverns and tunnels, safe from prying eyes." I flipped another page, revealing giant wolves made of stone, "These are our Sentries, wolves carved from stone and infused with Loboan magic, if any unwelcome soul comes too close to our main entrance, they will attack." I closed the book.

"Whoa, cool!" Toby exclaimed, looking at me, "That is awesome!"

"Wait," Claire interjected, "Loboan Magic?" she asked, peaking a thin brow.

"Ah, yes," Blinky walked forward, "Loboan magic, if I am not mistaken, is very unique."

I nodded, my eyes half shut, "We can infuse objects with life, and we can heal." I explained briefly.

"Useful Magic." Arrrgh rumbled.

I nodded and stood, "Well, if that's all," I cleared my throat, "I gotta get back to my host home, before my host parents actually notice I'm gone." I dusted herself off, "I'll be seeing you then." I waved as she walked off, making my way back to my ''home''.